Author Topic: Anybody Use Any Other Worlds?  (Read 15727 times)

Offline Simbacat

• Townie
Anybody Use Any Other Worlds?
« on: May 26, 2010, 08:13:09 PM »
I was wondering if anyone had downloaded and used any other worlds besides Riverview. I found a few online I liked but wanted to see if any of you had done this and if these worlds you downloaded worked okay. Thanks!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Anybody use any other worlds?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 08:20:40 PM »
Frankly, I've been too afraid to download any of them.  I haven't really heard anything bad, but I'm just afraid it would crash my game or something.  ;D
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Maritah

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 11:18:42 PM »
For the past few weeks I've been using Bayborough, by Myskaal, that I found at another forum*.  It's now my preferred neighbourhood.  I haven't found any glitches with it.

I mentioned the neighbourhood to my daughter, and she has also chosen to use it as her preferred neighbourhood.  She hasn't found any glitches with it either.

*The forum I downloaded it from hosts mods, so I can't name it here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 02:14:11 AM »
I tend to steer away from them because I simply don't like them, some can be tacky or way too small or way too large, the balance is tricky to get with me. I also am not keen on the islands so many of them go for.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
Re: Anybody Use Any Other Worlds?
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 03:22:30 AM »
Oh wow! I would'nt download from The Sims 3 Site, as anybody can put there rubish up there (But you might find some gems) My fave site is My Sims Realty. It has lots and worlds. Really good site
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 04:53:06 AM »
I've downloaded a world from the site Ruby recommended.  I'll be sure to let everyone know how it goes.  The site looks like it might be a good one, so hopefully nothing will crash and burn!  :D

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Arecinium

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 06:20:26 AM »
I've downloaded a world from the site Ruby recommended.  I'll be sure to let everyone know how it goes.  The site looks like it might be a good one, so hopefully nothing will crash and burn!  :D

I am very interested in finding out how it works out! I was also wondering if it is difficult for a computer to handle these downloaded worlds? My laptop is not exactly the fastest computer I know but I would be interested in maybe trying one. Sunset Valley and Riverview work fine for me but I have gotten the idea that the more things is installed the slower the game will be, is that correct? I was also wondering when you download a world if there is all the normal community lots, spawning places for gems etc. like in the ones made by EA?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 06:39:48 AM »
There are rabbitholes and spawns only as long as the creator placed them there.  I dabbled with CAW very briefly, enough to know that you really are given a blank slate to create into a neighborhood.  I have a few downloaded neighborhoods, some I love, others I need to take out of the game.  Most of mine, though, I found on a thread in the sims3 forum.  Most people there on that thread are taking alot of time to create their worlds and they are turning out beautifully.  I will provide a link to that thread, if someone tells me it's ok.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2010, 04:26:29 PM »
That site says there is no custom content and if I am not mistaken that means that everything in the downloads is make by EA whether it is bought at the EA store or came with an expansion. Am I right about that? I don't download because I don't want anything in my game that was not created by EA so please clarify this for me. And Pam please do let us know how it works because the site does look interesting!

Offline Simbacat

• Townie
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2010, 06:06:09 PM »
Thanks everyone! I have been afraid to add any, because I don't want to bork my game, I just get bored with Riverview and Sunset Valley.

Isn't Ambitions supposed to have another neighborhood?

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2010, 06:57:27 PM »
Isn't Ambitions supposed to have another neighborhood?

Correct. Twinbrook.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2010, 07:44:19 PM »
I downloaded one of the worlds on My Sim Realty.  I think it's called Pagoda Isles.  It was very easy to download and install.  And very fast, too, but I've got a good computer with high speed internet.  All the houses are empty, so I'll have to put families in all of them.  I went through a few of my existing games and saved households to the library for this purpose.  Once I got into the world, there was one thing about it that I really don't like.  All the lots are small and cheap.  There are dozens of houses that are less than $25,000, which isn't nearly enough variety for me.  The most expensive lot I found was less than $90,000.  I didn't actually load the families into the town and play, so I don't know yet if there are mail carriers, pizza deliverers, or paper boys yet.  It's a really pretty world, but I just don't like the houses available.  I'm going to try a different world soon and will report back.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2010, 07:46:00 PM »
There are rabbitholes and spawns only as long as the creator placed them there.  I dabbled with CAW very briefly, enough to know that you really are given a blank slate to create into a neighborhood.  I have a few downloaded neighborhoods, some I love, others I need to take out of the game.  Most of mine, though, I found on a thread in the sims3 forum.  Most people there on that thread are taking alot of time to create their worlds and they are turning out beautifully.  I will provide a link to that thread, if someone tells me it's ok.

If the worlds don't have third party custom content, it's ok to post the link.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2010, 09:27:53 PM »
Ok.  I can't be sure because it's a thread on thesims3.com that lots of people can use to advertise their worlds, so it probably does have CC in it.

Leto85

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2010, 07:11:56 AM »
Frankly, I've been too afraid to download any of them.  I haven't really heard anything bad, but I'm just afraid it would crash my game or something.  ;D

Don't you work with backup files than? I feel much saver with some of them on my D drive.

anything