Author Topic: Help with Architectural Designer  (Read 38437 times)

NickRod

Help with Architectural Designer
« on: June 05, 2010, 07:26:45 PM »
Architectural Designer was fun for the first week because I had many jobs to pick from. But in the 2nd week of my job I believe I was at my 5th promotion and I stopped getting calls to decorate their houses, so for the 2nd week I had no jobs at all but I continued drawing designs and got my 7th or 8th promotion. At my 3rd week I went to sims houses and annoyed them to let me renovate their houses. Do I have to continue to do this or is something wrong. And also I have wishes for like make $500 on renovating sims houses but I made a lot more than that it says I've made $0?? ???

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
Re: Help with Architectural Designer
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 07:40:41 PM »
From what I've read in the prima guide, which doesn't cover a whole lot, you are supposed to put your drawings and photos from renovations into your portfolio.  Once you have a few promotions under your belt, you use the portfolio to draw up your own business from people you meet.

As for the $500 wish, I'm not sure, but maybe you have to make that much on one job, not cumatively.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

NickRod

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 07:46:27 PM »
I've been putting the photos in my portfolio and it is I believe 33% complete and that is what I am doing now, asking people for buisness. But I was wondering if I will ever just get calls to renovate sims homes anymore.

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 08:17:42 PM »
Are you looking at the Map View and taking the available jobs from around town?  I just had my Sim hit level 10 of this job field and have never been without available jobs to do.  There are always at least 2 - 4 jobs a day, 5 days a week.

NickRod

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2010, 08:49:26 PM »
That is wierd. I have no jobs on my map at all..??   I just run around and only get to complete tops 2 assignments a day. It's very frustrating to have to beg sims to let me work on their house.

Melly,Miss

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2010, 09:50:45 PM »
Is your filter on?

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2010, 02:12:32 AM »
I'm thinking filter too - the new tab on the bottom left corner, to the right of your active sims. You can choose what will be shown on map view. Maybe it is only showing one thing, so try fiddling with that?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

NickRod

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2010, 04:16:24 AM »
Sadly. My filter is on. I'm not sure what is wrong, but I think I should just make a new sim. Is the firefighter or inventor or doctor any fun to play??

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2010, 04:29:55 AM »
The Fire-fighter is hands on, in fires and you have to be paying attention. Inventing is cool but once you reach level 5 in the career then you start needing a lot more effort and creations that are worth a lot to advance.

Theres some Guides of Fire-Fighter and Inventor -
+ http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/lifetimewishes/ambitions/firefightersuperhero.php
+ http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/skills/ambitions/inventing/

And theres a thread on Inventing - http://www.carls-sims-3-forum.com/index.php/topic,1095.0.html

Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2010, 04:33:10 AM »
Is the firefighter or inventor or doctor any fun to play??

I'm playing an inventor and it's fun. I suspect that Architectural Designer is probably one of the least fun of the new professions.  I hear lots of good things about Firefighter, too.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

NickRod

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2010, 04:55:33 AM »
Ok, thanks.  I'm going with firefighter first.

Offline Honeymooners

• Townie
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2010, 03:27:11 PM »
I am kind of irratated with Architectural Design as well only because I can't quite figure out how to get a perfect score.... Anyone had any luck?  What was your secret? I've tried matching patterns to the same thing in the house and I've also tried completely new ones.  This career is turning out to be similar to the stylist... 

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2010, 03:30:51 PM »
If you put little extas on the wall and small decorations that are not asked for, it will also make a difference in your score. You do not have to just stick to what is on that list. Get creative with the pallet and make everything match.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2010, 07:17:14 PM »
You also need to talk to the clients first and find out a few of their traits, as their personality will dictate what they will like and not like.

Offline Missa

• Townie
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2010, 11:00:46 AM »
I was doing fine for my first 5 or 6 jobs, I got fairly good reviews and got a picture for my portfolio each time, but now it seems like everyone hates everything I do and I can't figure out why. Also are we supposed to add on to their house or just delete existing furniture and put the new stuff there? It seems to take forever to fill up the portfolio and I can't seem to figure out how to put my drawings from the drafting table into it.