Author Topic: Missing Studios sigs will Vanish  (Read 11083 times)

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
Missing Studios sigs will Vanish
« on: August 13, 2010, 09:38:39 PM »
This is a note to everybody who has a signature generated by "missingstudios.com". I clicked on one of those and found that they are apparently changing something about their system and that all signatures will go obsolete and will be deleted by the end of 2010. They want you to register at their site and get a new one if you would like to keep having those signatures.

The sigs themselves are perfectly fine to have here at the forum; I'm just telling you this because I think many of you may not know this and would like to get a new one before your old one is unwantingly deleted and you forget how it looked like. :)
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
Re: Missing Studios sigs will Vanish
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 11:01:22 PM »
Is registering free?
Formerly Simstar3

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline NeoFelis

• Occult
  • Must play Sims!
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 11:41:17 PM »
Thanks for the heads-up, Swede!

___________________________________________________________________________________________
"Tomorrow's just your future yesterday." Craig Ferguson, Late Late Show theme song.

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 12:40:43 AM »
Is registering free?

Yes, registration is free.

Offline alyssa.cole

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 05:13:11 PM »
Good call, that will affect a lot of us!
I like using mine and seeing the ones that others have created, it's kind of nice to see a quick snapshot of nationalities and personalities at a glance. Off to update!

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010, 06:14:25 PM »
I went in the site and registered and made a sig, but then could not find the code to move it over to my profile.  I looked and looked, maybe I am missing something.  It is going to be a nice site, from what I can see.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Missa

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2010, 09:31:09 PM »
Salty, I couldn't find the code either! I thought I must be too tired so I was going to try later. I hope someone figured it out  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline NeoFelis

• Occult
  • Must play Sims!
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2010, 10:25:26 PM »
I could've sworn the code I got was new; obviously I thought I found it. My next break from the Sims I'll go check it, since it's not appearing here correctly, anyway.

**Edit** I found it and fixed it. Here's what you do:

After you register, click on My Profile at the top right of the screen.
     Select your preferences
     Near the top of the screen you should see something like: NeoFelis's Profile
     Directly below that will be a list of options; the last one is Signature Generator. Select it.
     Choose the options you want, then at the bottom of the screen you'll find two buttons. I would suggest you press Preview Signature
     If you're not happy with it, fix what you need to. If you are happy, press the Generate Signature button
     The second code 'BB Code (Forums)' is what you want.

I think you know what to do after that. If I seemed to be talking down to anyone, I don't mean to sound that way. I had a problem with this, too, remember? And I wanted to make sure if you were pretty new it made sense. I hope it makes sense!

I'll try to answer any questions unless one of our esteemed moderators wants to jump in. ;D Back to the Wishmaster's Challenge!

___________________________________________________________________________________________
"Tomorrow's just your future yesterday." Craig Ferguson, Late Late Show theme song.

Offline Missa

• Townie
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2010, 01:21:10 AM »
They must have had a problem with the site when I tried it before. I had clicked generate signiture, but nothing happened. But when I tried it again tonight and it worked :) Thanks for the help Neo!

Offline NeoFelis

• Occult
  • Must play Sims!
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2010, 03:05:11 AM »
They must have had a problem with the site when I tried it before. I had clicked generate signiture, but nothing happened. But when I tried it again tonight and it worked :) Thanks for the help Neo!

Yeah, I think something similar happened to me, because I didn't have the background image option. There were just all these selections where you were supposed to put in colors in hex code. I'm happy if I helped someone.

About your avatar pic on the left: when I saw that in the teaser pic, I said, "She's going to bite him!" This teasing is starting to get to me!! I'm exactly where EA wants me and I hate that they know that. Grrrr.

Offline Missa

• Townie
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2010, 12:50:44 PM »
Yeah, I think there was a problem when I tried it the first time but I like what they have done to their website.

I wasn't that excited about the vampires until I saw that picture!

Offline Chopsticks

• Townie
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2010, 04:05:50 PM »
Does anybody know how to create an image without being on the sims 3 site? I've got the console version.
"Doors are for people with no imagination" - Derek Landy

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Enjoy life and The Sims!
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2011, 02:18:42 PM »
Just to let everyone know that I can't see some of the Missing Studio signatures that used to appear in the forum.  Today is January 1st and your signatures may have been deleted (see the first post).  Please check your profile!

Registration is free, just go here.
NeoFelis explains how to get your signature to show on the forum here.
Read the Forum Rules, they were written for a reason!  
Visit the Sims 3 Swap Shop.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2011, 02:43:08 AM »
In addition to what mtglady said, I won't let empty signatures sit forever.  It makes the Forum look untidy and abandoned to have an X in place of an image, so if they don't get updated in a timely manner, you can expect them to be deleted.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2011, 02:55:36 AM »
They are really very easy to replace.  They have done quite a bit to their site and it is actually, easier than it was last year when I first registered. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?