Author Topic: Clan Douglas Dynasty (Finished)  (Read 202976 times)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Clan Douglas Dynasty (Finished)
« on: August 24, 2010, 05:15:51 PM »
Note to anyone reading this story for the first time:  When this story was written, the forum had an in-house image posting service that has since been removed.  It used to be possible to click on the pictures to enlarge them, but because of advertising that has been added, I don't advise clicking on the pictures.  I am in the process of changing them over to our current Gallery, but it will take time to copy them all over there.  I appreciate your patience.

My dynasty is about the Douglas clan (Douglas being my surname).  Fortuitously, the Dynasty Challenge runs to 8 generations, and it just happens that I have had 8 schipperkes, 4 of whom are still with me.  So my immortals will each be named after one of the schips:  Wimsey, Kissy, Molly, Millie and Martha will be girls (we hope).  The males are Sleuth, Mojo and James.  James (named after Sir James Douglas, aka The Black Douglas) is the founder.  Here he is, newly arrived on his bare lot:

As you see, he is wearing (simulated) Douglas tartan in his tam and kilt.  All the immortals will wear the tartan.    James has the following traits:  Angler (as his SuperMax skill will be fishing), Loves the Outdoors (it will likely be a while before he can afford to build a house), Friendly (I want him to get along well with people but not to build up his charisma skill too high), Handy (I don’t plan to have this as one of the SuperMax skills) and Kleptomaniac (to help with the clan’s finances early on).  His LTW is one I haven’t tried before, Presenting the Perfect Private Aquarium.  He will register as a self-employed fisherman.  His first week will be spent developing his fishing skill, salvaging at the junk yard, and starting to build up a reputation at the consignment store.  He is also looking for a young woman with artistic talent who can begin the clan’s portrait collection and help him establish the Clan Douglas in their new home.  His future wife will also need to be able to cook and keep the garden.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Clan Douglas Dynasty
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 05:34:10 PM »
I'm looking forward to reading more on your Dynasty's progress, Schipperke. Once I get my bearings on how I want to approach the Dynasty, I'll have to pen a story too.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 06:52:50 PM »
I only just got back from Scotland and I am still seeing Kilts!  :D I am interested on this challenge but not sure if I will go for it or not... So in the meantime I will watch your Dynasty.  ;D
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 07:05:28 PM »
Thanks Metro and Samoht for your interest.  Pam, your post is just showing up as a copy of mine - I'm not sure what to make of that.  

Samoht, I certainly don't aspire to as detailed and interesting a legacy story as yours!  But a lot of Scots settled in Canada, among them my ancestors, so it seemed natural to use that little bit of family history here.  I will be very interested to see how the different Dynasties evolve.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 07:07:49 PM »
Thanks Schipperke! I am sure you will do just fine though, the odd picture here and there and basic story is good enough for me.  ;)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 07:13:26 PM »
Sorry, Schipperke!  I meant to say how cute the kilt was.  It's probably third party cc, though.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 07:15:15 PM »
Sorry, Schipperke!  I meant to say how cute the kilt was.  It's probably third party cc, though.

The kilt was purchased from the sims store and I applied the Simulated Douglas tartan.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 07:17:37 PM »
Can I ask what you mean by 'Adding the Simulated Tartan'?

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2010, 07:28:14 PM »
Can I ask what you mean by 'Adding the Simulated Tartan'?

I recoloured one of the plaids in Create-a-style to resemble Douglas tartan, added it to the Favourites section, and used it on the kilt.  It is a Simulated Douglas tartan because it isn't the real thing and because Sims don't wear real tartans - their tartans are Simulated.  Or you could also say that it is a facSimile of the real thing!  ;)

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2010, 07:30:38 PM »
Ahh, thanks for explaining.  :)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2010, 07:52:54 PM »
The kilt was purchased from the sims store and I applied the Simulated Douglas tartan.

That's awesome!  I didn't know the Store had kilts.  :D
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2010, 07:55:10 PM »
Found Em!  :D

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2010, 08:47:35 PM »
Thanks Samoht for the picture of the kilt, which I really think looks a lot better in tartan!

My founder, James, or The Laird, as I think of him, managed to find an artistic girl to marry, and she turned out to be the girl next door - Holly Alto.  Holly's new home is a lot different from the palatial digs she was accustomed to, but I think she's glad to be away from those nasty parents of hers.  According to her relationship panel, she is barely on speaking terms with them.  She arrived with the LTW to achieve a totally unrealistic number of completed jobs in the Architectural Design profession, which I changed to Master of the Arts (guitar and painting) in hopes that she will actually be able to achieve it.  I know, the spouses' LTWs don't really matter here, and maybe those happiness points could have been used differently, but I like to keep my sims happy.

Holly is painting and learning to cook, while James continues to spend every moment fishing.  Achieving his Aquarium LTW was easy - he completed that early in the second week.  But getting promoted in the fisherman career is taking quite a bit longer.  Also, as a self-employed fisherman, he sure isn't getting many skill opportunities.

Neither of them has shown any interest in having children, but James will be aging up soon so I built them a nursery, hoping that would get them in the mood:

Also, Holly is a vegetarian and I am wondering if she will still be able to prepare recipes with fish (ambrosia)?  Does anyone know?

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2010, 08:53:10 PM »
They can prepare them,  but if they eat the dish, they just get negative moodlet and then throw up.  I think they forget they are vegetarians.  :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2010, 09:14:27 PM »
They can prepare them,  but if they eat the dish, they just get negative moodlet and then throw up.  I think they forget they are vegetarians.  :)

Oh, that's good then.  She won't be eating the ambrosia herself, just preparing it for the immortals until an immortal cook comes along.