Author Topic: Adventure: Burnt, soaked and cursed  (Read 7934 times)

Offline malteser60

• Occult
Adventure: Burnt, soaked and cursed
« on: September 19, 2010, 05:59:38 AM »
Ok, so I've had this adventure pop up before, and tried it once, but cancelled it for various reasons. However I'm playing a new game and it's sure to come up again. My question is, my adventuring sim is a black belt in sim fu and athletics. She hasn't lost a single fight with a mummy. So how can she get cursed?

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Adventure: Burnt, soaked and cursed
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 07:04:41 AM »
Well the simple answer is you can't, I don't know if sleeping in the cursed sarcophagus of the kings will help you though?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 11:27:12 PM »
Hmmm, I found that fighting enough mummies would usually get my sim cursed eventually. What I do is set up a "Mummy Motel" (not the official name, just what I call it), that is, a tomb with tons of sarcophagi with switches to trigger mummies from them. You can probably download one off the exchange, or else build one yourself like I do. There's a pretty good guide to that here:

http://au.guides.ign.com/guides/23322/page_7.html

Just read through and follow the links forward, it teaches you how to set triggers and build your own tomb. It should help with getting scorched by a trap too, because you can just set up a bunch of hidden traps as well as the mummies. If you don't want to build one yourself, I've got a dodgy little tomb which I usually use, and I can put it on the exchange for you if you want. If you genuinely can't get your sim to lose, I don't have much for that  :(. Try fighting mummies with a really low mood.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 12:35:06 AM »
Well, it's not impossible to get cursed with those high skills, but it makes it highly unlikely.  Like Ausette said, you just have to encounter enough mummies for the numbers.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline malteser60

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, 06:42:26 PM »
I know I'm reviving a bit of an old topic but I thought I'd post my work-around for this problem. So, I had problems with my tomb raiding sim being a girlie, maxed out in sim-fu and athletics. So, I had to resort to a bit of cheating for this. Mainly because I spent quite a bit of time wandering round from tomb to tomb trying to find a mummy I hadn't defeated.

So, whilst in Egypt, in a community lot (the tomb under the marketplace) I place a bunch of sarcophogi (used testingcheatsenabled true and buydebug) and ctr-shift clicked and set them so that the mummy 'always' comes out. Then I temporarily changed two of my sims traits to loser and unlucky. Following that I opened up all the sarcophogi and let her at the mummies. Well, she lost every single fight, which I was really chuffed about. However it took about 15-20 fights (lost count at one point) before she got cursed. Following that I deleted everything, changed her traits back, and happily went off to the sphynx  ;D

Took two sim days though in total just fighting the mummies.

[Edited for language.  Please do not use profanity of any kind.  -Pam]

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 10:29:57 AM »
Why not just bring someone along with you who's a wimp, and make them fight all the mummies?
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

anything