Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1236243 times)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #765 on: June 24, 2010, 01:48:44 PM »
Hi Scout & welcome,

I just read your post in the Random Wishmakers challenge where you said you were going to pet your dog for luck.  I have 4 dogs, and when I need luck I always make sure to pet all four.  Glad to meet another dog petter!

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

SJ

« Reply #766 on: June 24, 2010, 09:30:48 PM »
Well, I suppose I'm obligated now. I owe it to Carl/Pam/et. al, I suppose, since I've been using the guide extensively.

I'm SJ. I'm an actress. Almost exclusively stage acting, and I'm usually the comic relief. While it IS fun, I don't do it "for fun". It's what I do for a living...kind of like how other people are teachers or doctors or paralegals.

I love building in the Sims. I'm not particularly brilliant at it; I enjoy making "real" houses...things I've seen, or blueprints of houses that I try to copy. This is probably why I enjoy the Architect career right now, as boring and formulaic as it has become! Every now and then I'll use building cheats, but it becomes such a hassle that I normally work within the game's framework.

You may have seen me around the Sims community before. In the past, I've been SJ, SJActress, SJDActress, and WillWasWright. The last Sims forum I was a frequenter of was the Sporum, which has since shut down. I'm just looking for a place that's fun, kind, active, and informative, and CS3 seems to be that kind of place.

So, HELLO!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #767 on: June 24, 2010, 10:53:12 PM »
Welcome SJ!  I don't think we have any actors/actresses, so you're our first!  Now that I've said that, watch them start coming out of the woodwork! 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Scout

« Reply #768 on: June 25, 2010, 09:15:26 AM »
Thanks for the welcome Saltypaws, bshag and Schipperke.

Schipperke, perhaps if I had 3 more dogs the petting would have given me a little bit more of luck. But since my roll could have been much worse I shouldn't complain. Yeah for us dog petters!

bshag

« Reply #769 on: June 25, 2010, 10:21:54 AM »
Hi SJ...yep, we're definitely that kind of place. ;D  Welcome to the forum and happy simming!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #770 on: June 25, 2010, 10:38:33 AM »
SJ, welcome to the forums. My wife's 24-year-old niece is an actress and toured with the Playhouse Disney production. She was the main player and did the only real speaking and singing parts. My three daughters' mouths were wide open when we went to a show that stopped near our town. They just couldn't believe that their cousin was on stage in a bigtime production. So cool. My middle and oldest daughters were both in a recent production of Music Man.

Thanks for joining the forums.

Tallulah

« Reply #771 on: June 25, 2010, 08:36:31 PM »
I joined because there was a burning issue I knew about the Paranormal Investigator on the guide that nobody had pointed out so I just had to put it on thread. I had been reading on here for a while and it was just a matter of time before I made an account. Tallulah is a nickname of mine that I have had forever.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Ricker

« Reply #772 on: June 26, 2010, 09:54:43 AM »
I'm a late 20's fellow working in Minnesota in the IT field.  I hopped on the forums as they seemed to be run smoothly and the idea of doing challenges for the game seemed like a good way to try different things with the game.  I am fairly new to the game however.  I apparently have the Frugal trait since I had to wait for the game to go on sale first.   ;)

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #773 on: June 26, 2010, 10:22:30 AM »
Welcome all newcomers!  ;D
Formerly Simstar3

bshag

« Reply #774 on: June 26, 2010, 12:46:43 PM »
Hi Tallulah and Ricker and welcome! :)

Tallulah, I haven't played the Ghostbuster career yet but will certainly be interested in your tip. :)

Ricker, I love the frugal trait...do you also clip coupons? :D

This is a great place to discuss sims without the drama so welcome. ;D

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #775 on: June 26, 2010, 08:56:06 PM »
Welcome to our Forum, Tallulah and Ricker!

Ricker, you're in the right place for being a new player.  The Guide is packed with great information and this Forum will give you an answer to just about any question.  I hope you enjoy yourself here.  :)

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #776 on: June 27, 2010, 01:26:25 PM »
Back from vacation and man, haven't a lot of people joined! Let's see... Welcome Scout, SJ, Tallulah and Ricker! Hope you all are going to like the forum!
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline Telsey

• Townie
« Reply #777 on: June 28, 2010, 01:06:09 PM »
Lots of new people like me joining here.  Hi to everyone.  I just love this forum and am so happy that I found it.  I have learned some very helpful things.  All the game guides are fabulous and I thank those who have put so much work into them. 

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #778 on: June 28, 2010, 09:59:53 PM »
Lots of new people like me joining here. 

Absolutely!  We're experiencing substantial growth right now, with several new members every day.  I can remember when we would have maybe 3 new members a week, if we were lucky.  June is going to be another explosive record breaking month for the Forum.  We're aiming for double the number of page views compared to May.  We're looking at possibly half a million hits for June and we're chasing after it hard! 

So, a big welcome to all of our new members and a huge thank you to our older members.  And a special wink to the lurkers who haven't joined yet!  ;)

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Sophie4563

• Townie
« Reply #779 on: June 29, 2010, 10:25:03 AM »
Hi everyone. I'm Sophie (obviously). I'm not quite sure how long I've been playing Sims for... I'm not old enough for the original game, but I own Sims 2 and it's expansion packs as well as Sims 3 and World Adventures. I live in southern Ontario (that's in Canada btw) and am in high school. I came across Carl's guide while looking for information on the Medical career. It's a great resource and I'm very appreciative of all the people who have spent time working on it.

anything