Author Topic: Submit your Content to the CS3 Swap Shop  (Read 29737 times)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Submit your Content to the CS3 Swap Shop
« on: December 28, 2010, 06:38:20 PM »
The Swap Shop has found its home on a board in this forum. Email submissions are no longer accepted, but this message has been preserved to give you insight on the info you may want to provide if you share there. Please be mindful of our policy on custom content (read the rules) before submitting.

We are now accepting submissions from forum members so that we can develop a collection of downloads similar to the official exchange. If you would like to submit your content, use the following guidelines and post your content under the appropriate category on the Swap Shop board.

Attach the following in the postl: .Sims3Pack file, screenshots

You may want to include information like this when posting your creations:

Object name:
Requires expansions?:
Short Description: only a sentence or two, to go with the first image as a preview.
Long Description:  maybe up to a paragraph. I understand if you can't think of a lot to say about patterned socks.

The following formats are the best for me for various object types:

Houses
Name:
Lot Size:
Bedrooms:
Bathrooms:
Cost when placed on X lot:
Cost when placed on X lot unfurnished:
Requires expansion/Sims 3 store content:

Sims
Name:
Lifetime Wish:
Unless you send me some truly different Sim I should be able to tell the gender myself

Objects
Name:
Type:
Requires Expansion/Store content:

Anything like walls, objects, those are all going to be very short in information. It's all about the look. If you want to be specific, you can tell us which couch or bed you've redecorated. Otherwise, "Bed" is fine or some generic term.

You can find your exported items in your Sims 3 My Documents folder, which can then be attached to a post here. You can also download your own creations from the exchange and share them here. In order to submit an item to the exchange:

1.  While in Build/Buy Mode, click on the item with Create A Style (it looks like a painter's pallet).
2.  After either creating the style and/or saving it, click on the Share button located in the window in the upper left corner.
3.  This brings up a window where you can give the item a name and description.  Please fill out both.  Then click the check mark to accept.
4.  Your item is now available for upload in the Sims 3 Launcher.
5.  Open the Sims 3 Launcher and click on Uploads.
6.  Find the item(s) you wish to upload to the Sims 3 Exchange.
7.  Click the box next to the item(s) and then click Upload.
8.  After uploading, go to your account on the Sims 3 official site.  You will find the items in My Studio.  

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: CS3 Exchange
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 06:46:02 PM »
Carl, that sounds fantastic  ;D. Huge job though, and I'm afraid my technical knowledge is pretty meagre. Will it be able to host Sims, clothing, tattoos etc. or are we mainly focusing on buildings here?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 06:48:43 PM »
Anything you can normally upload to the exchange will be welcomed

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 06:58:17 PM »
Wow, This sounds awesome! ;D I've been afraid to go on the TS3 exchange because I heard it can bug you game.
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 07:19:30 PM »
I like the idea myself Carl.  The only time I have gone to the exchange is to buy sets.  I have not even browsed in the items, which seems like forever.  I think this will be great, because none of us CC and we know it will be safe.  Great idea.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 07:29:46 PM »
Wow. This is really impressive, Carl. You're essentially locking horns with the Exchange and taking on EA with a better version. I love it. It's only going to solidify our rep in the long run and bring even more players to the Guide and Forum.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 07:49:22 PM »
I'm going to start working on the template now, so I can give members a live preview. We're going to need to build up some content before I launch it to the public.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2010, 09:16:27 PM »
First post updated with important information, so I want to get your attention.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2010, 09:17:09 PM »
Sounds like a great plan Carl, can't wait to see it up and running.

Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Re: Submit your Content to the CS3 Exchange
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2010, 09:26:46 PM »
I almost forgot a build mode page :o

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2010, 09:29:00 PM »

Original Content - We want our own original content. Unless it's your content you already share on the official exchange, I don't want it. Creative authors deserve control over their own property.

Having a dumb moment right now, does this mean it has to be something we have already shared on the exchange? I would have thought it would be nice to have some exclusive content from members here.

Now, I just have to work out how to send a house file via email. lol

Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2010, 09:38:39 PM »
I clarified that in the first post. Exclusives are the best, but if it's something you already put up at the exchange you can still share it with us here. I just want the person submitting it to own the content.

Offline Jonna

• Occult
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2010, 09:50:22 PM »
Yay Carl!  I love this.  I'm working on a World right now, so I am wondering, would you like it if I submitted it with different options, like one without residents, and one with?  Or maybe one with houses, and one without?  Does it matter to you?  I wouldn't want to clog up our sweet new exchange, but I was thinking that some people would want houses/residents already in game, so they don't have to worry about going to Edit Town or waiting for the game to move people in... but some people would like to do all that themselves.  I know ultimately, a person will play with Edit Town as much as they want anyway, just thought I would ask your opinion.  =)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2010, 09:55:33 PM »
Yay Carl!  I love this.  I'm working on a World right now, so I am wondering, would you like it if I submitted it with different options, like one without residents, and one with?  Or maybe one with houses, and one without?  Does it matter to you?  I wouldn't want to clog up our sweet new exchange, but I was thinking that some people would want houses/residents already in game, so they don't have to worry about going to Edit Town or waiting for the game to move people in... but some people would like to do all that themselves.  I know ultimately, a person will play with Edit Town as much as they want anyway, just thought I would ask your opinion.  =)

Both is fine, we'll just offer them on the same download page. I guess you just got me to add a worlds category :D

Offline Jonna

• Occult
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2010, 10:08:24 PM »
Both is fine, we'll just offer them on the same download page. I guess you just got me to add a worlds category :D

Oh I am so sorry to make you do more work!  ;)