Author Topic: To summon a mummy... and to cure it  (Read 79339 times)

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
To summon a mummy... and to cure it
« on: December 16, 2009, 04:07:24 PM »
So I have a Sim who has traveled a lot and picked up all kinds of junk along the way and I never really sell any of it. Among other things she had enough pieces to make a couple of sarcophagusses/sarcophagi...?/coffin thingies. I put those in the basement and she's been using them to sleep in sometimes.

One day when I clicked on one I got the option to "Summon Mummy". Oooh. So I did that and a mummy came out. :o
It waved to my Sim and said sul sul or whatever Sims say and then it went off to dance.
It joined the family like a normal Sim except it doesn't have bladder or energy needs and it moves really slowly. It also has some weird conversation choices like "Talk about sand". The first thing it wanted to do was to join the law enforcement career. That's kind of wrong, who wants to meet a mummy policeman?
The freakiest thing about my mummy is that it has the "Great Kisser" trait. Eww! When I click on a sarcophagus my Sims now get the option to WooHoo with the mummy. EWW!

Anyway I think you need 5 canopic jars (the collectibles, not the common kind) to summon a mummy because my Sim had 6 and after the mummy joined the family she only had one left. After experimenting a little it seems like the gender of the Sim summoning the mummy determines the gender of the mummy you get but I can't be sure.

Well, having a mummy in the family turned out not to be as interesting as you would think. They don't seem to be able to curse people or anything. It kept pestering my Sims when I wanted them to work and since it likes latin music and my Sims don't it kept changing the radio stations. Then I found out that if you make it sleep even if it never needs to it doesn't wake up unless you cancel the action. So you can use the coffins for mummy storage. :)

I have a Blessed Sarcophagus of the Kings and after I made it sleep in that a couple of times I got the message that the mummy was feeling closer to the living or something like that. So I made it sleep there one more time and it turned into a normal Sim!

I guess if you can get a Cursed Sarcophagus of the Kings and make a Sim sleep in it a few times it will turn into a mummy?

Anyway I now have a plump elderly Egyptian lady living in my Sims house. Meh. I think I'll just kick her out. Now I want to go looking for more canopic jars to get a new mummy and then kick it out while it's still a mummy. I want to see if it will get a job and get married.

And I want that cursed sarcophagus! I'm going to kidnap other Sims, turn them into mummies and then set them loose in Sunset Valley, hee hee.

Mummy Boogie.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: To summon a mummy... and to cure it
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 05:06:08 PM »
That's a totally awesome story!  I actually have a Cursed Sarcophagus of the Kings reassembled.  I've had my Sim sleep in it three times, but he didn't turn into a mummy.  I guess I'll keep trying.  Lol.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 05:50:33 PM »
That is great! Thanks for sharing! I think I'll get my sim to try and get a mummy too. :)

And I like your idea of setting a bunch of mummies loose in town! Do it and let us know how it turns out. LOL

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 11:29:24 PM »
Thanks guys.
I still need that cursed sarcophagus, I've never had one. It will always be the blessed ones. Once you have both the cursed and blessed ones you should be able to have some fun. :D

That's a totally awesome story!  I actually have a Cursed Sarcophagus of the Kings reassembled.  I've had my Sim sleep in it three times, but he didn't turn into a mummy.  I guess I'll keep trying.  Lol.

I think you need to leave them in there for a longer time. Several hours, I'm not sure... Try letting them have a full nights sleep each time.
Anyway, good luck with that! ;D

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 12:29:47 AM »
I think you need to leave them in there for a longer time. Several hours, I'm not sure... Try letting them have a full nights sleep each time.
Anyway, good luck with that! ;D

The "sleep three times" is apparently just a rumor.  I've let him stay in it for quite awhile, even though he doesn't get much rest in it.  His energy bar barely moves.  However... he gained a level of Athletic skill while sleeping in the sarcophagus.  And this last time, it said he feels stronger, and not quite normal.  He's also much more muscular.  Looks like he's beginning to transform!  He got in it on his own the next time.  He's sleeping at the moment.

Edit:  Ok, maybe not a rumor on the three sleep times.  Apparently, I just didn't let him sleep long enough.  After three full nights in the sarcophagus, my Sim Indiana Jones turned into a mummy.  Ugh.  He can still do all the things he did before...  same skills, same job, all that stuff.  He still has his same voice, but it sounds muffled.  As if his head is wrapped in bandages or something.  When he showers, he stays soaked and dripping for two hours, making puddles all over the house.  I tried having him kiss the King Cobra, but it didn't do anything to bring him back.  I don't like it much.  It's creepy.  I've gathered my data, though, so I think I'll go back to the saved version before he turned and put that blasted Cursed Sarcophagus of the Kings in the family inventory!!
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 04:02:27 AM »
That's cool Pam, good to know it works both ways. :)

I wouldn't want one of the Sims I've been playing to become a mummy either, they're annoying.

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2009, 11:34:48 PM »
One of the things that new update was supposed to do was to give you a hint on how to summon a mummy. Well, I've just found a canopic jar and it now has an inscription which says:

"By using five canopic jars in a sarcophagus, an ancient being may join your household."

So I guess that's confirmed, you need five canopic jars.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2009, 01:20:17 AM »
I also thought of another thing that I'm trying right now and will let you all know if it works.  ;)

I was using the Edit Town tool in Sunset Valley and was just going around kinda randomly trying to improve some of the community lots. One of the small fishing holes near the center of town, I made it into a really nice park complete with bathroom, a couple of grills, picnic tables, and some benches. (more of a family area) I also went to the Pleasant View Graveyard and was putting in a couple more plants and stuff and then decided to add a few more headstones.

I found out that using the "buydebug" cheat (after enabling the testingcheats) and putting in some "remains" (headstones) from that area......if you ctrl-shift-click on the headstone, it lets you "override the inscription" (or something to that effect) and it basically lets you change how the person died. I made one of them as having died from a mummy's curse and so I'm hoping it will bring out a mummy or mummy-ghost into the graveyard since they all seem to come out at night. I've got my two sims fishing in the graveyard now and it's almost midnight, so I'll let you all know if I get a mummy or not. LOL

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2009, 02:15:01 AM »
Ha, very interesting. I'd like to know how that turns out. ;D

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2009, 09:58:48 AM »
Well I didn't get a mummy my first time, but sometimes, they don't come out every time, so I'll go there a few nights in a row and see what happens. I hope a mummy comes out!   ;D

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2009, 06:26:26 PM »
I did some testing while looking for a way to cheat to summon a mummy to help people who just want to play one. I can confirm that sleeping in the cursed sarcophagus of kings does turn them into mummies. It's more a time spent thing. You see, it has a nice effect in that it can raise athletics while acting as a very low energy bed. The price for using this ability is the Sim will turn into a mummy after using it for well over 10 hours. I'm not clear on the breaking point. The effect is cumulative. Sleeping in the blessed sarcophacus does not reset this timer. Once a Sim is a mummy, they'll need to sleep inside the blessed one for about as long as it took the cursed one. Try 6 hour shifts and you'll eventually add up enough hours.

The only time I would ever use this is when I was pursuing the physical perfection lifetime wish, or trying to fulfill career athletics need requirements. In those cases it should be used in combination with other forms of exercise (sim fu, normal workout) since it works while fatigued. By the time you wake up, your Sim will be ready to go all over again but have still gained more athletic ability. The sad thing is it doesn't fulfill any athletic skill challenge requirements so you wouldn't get any of the benefits of using athletics.

So, assembling canopic jar collections and sarcophagus leads to two forms of getting a mummy: a free one, or a sim turned into one. I'll have to put this into article format to share a bit more information and make it a nice compendium

If you just want to try out being a mummy without all the adventuring it takes to hunt down all those fragments and jars, cheat:

1. Ctrl+shift+C
2. testingcheatsenabled true
3. buydebug
4. Find the two sarcophagus types in sort by function - buy debug - miscellaneous objects
5. turn up your sim's other needs by clicking and dragging the needs bar
6. fully deplete energy
7. sleep
8. repeat 6 and 7
9. avoid fire on pain of death. autumn salad anyone?

Player-controlled mummies seem to be treated the same as any other Sim by fire traps in tombs while traveling -- thus, they're safe and just get knocked down and scared. Avoid fire at home.

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2009, 11:33:23 AM »
Nice work Carl. And a good tip for cheating. I'm still thinking of turning all my Sims friends into mummies... ;D

9. avoid fire on pain of death. autumn salad anyone?

Oh right. I hadn't thought of that. :o :D

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2009, 03:53:46 PM »
Yes with unlimited energy they'd be good tomb raiders theoretically, but one fire trap and they're gone? I've yet to test that.

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2009, 05:09:25 PM »
I don't get number 9??? 

What am I missing?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2009, 05:14:42 PM »
I don't get number 9??? 

What am I missing?

I think what Carl is saying is you don't need to worry about kitchen fires when you eat Autumn Salads.

anything