Author Topic: Community Lot - Alto Oil Fuel Station  (Read 9071 times)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Community Lot - Alto Oil Fuel Station
« on: February 25, 2011, 12:56:06 AM »
Alto Oil Fuel Station, by Ausette

Lot Type: Visitors Allowed
Lot Size: 40 x 30
Cost when placed on 40x30 lot: $105,844 ($79,232 unfurnished)
Contains Ambitions, Late Night and World Adventures content
Store Content: Fiesta Urban Streetscape (free)

For over 20 year, Alto Oil has been the number-one rated supplier of crude oil and petroleum products in SimCity. Currently boasting hundreds of branches all over SimNation, each Alto Oil station provides food, fuel and car repair for Sims and Simbots alike.

Offline Filly

• Townie
Re: Community Lot - Alto Oil Fuel Station
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 09:20:45 AM »
Love it!  I really like the interior clutter and the lot will add a more realistic feel to any neighborhood.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

pub97

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 08:06:51 PM »
Nice lot! Great for any town for a more realistic feel.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 12:55:03 PM »
And it would have never occurred to me to build a gas station for my neighborhood...and now I don't have to lol.

You're an incredible builder, Ausette.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Leto85

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 07:35:19 PM »
A gas station! Wow, just for the idea only you have to be talented and creative. How did you made those gas thingies, they look so real. I really like this idea.
Is it functional? As a store I mean?

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 08:25:40 PM »
I downloaded it also and it is great, fits right in Riverview. I also put All the Rave club in there too.  In fact, a few of Ausette's items are in my game, lol.  I am loving it. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2011, 08:52:08 PM »
Thanks for the friendly comments guys  ;D. I built a petrol station back in The Sims 2 and it turned out OK, so I couldn't wait to recreate it in The Sims 3 with the improved building tools. I like slightly out-there concepts for buildings, and I've got a couple of other ideas I have to try out if I have the time  ;).

A gas station! Wow, just for the idea only you have to be talented and creative. How did you made those gas thingies, they look so real. I really like this idea.
Is it functional? As a store I mean?

The gas pumps are made with two Ambitions lockers, a callbox, a Late Night sculpture and moveobjects on. Here's a better picture:

The store has a counter with a food register from World Adventures, so it acts as a 24-hour fast food stop. I suppose you could also replace that register and zone it as a Consignment store if you want. I wanted the station to be Simbot-friendly too, so there's a little scrap pile in the garage especially for them and a Simbot Recharging Station upstairs (see the 4th pic). Simbots will max their energy bar if electrocuted, so thanks to the World Adventure traps the lot is actually functional as a fuel station for them  ;D.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2011, 11:31:04 PM »
Simbots will max their energy bar if electrocuted, so thanks to the World Adventure traps the lot is actually functional as a fuel station for them  ;D.

That...is utter genius!  

And I think actual gas pumps come with Fast Lane Stuff.  They came with something, I know, because they're available to me in buy mode.  But yours still look awesome.

And the food register actually works?  Does a townie man it?

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2011, 11:46:04 PM »
I don't actually have Fast Lane, so I'm missing a lot of car-themed stuff. I definitely don't have the petrol pumps. Yeah, the food register works, if you look closely at the fifth screenshot you can see Dustin Langerak working the till inside the building. It even sells Late Night food sometimes. Who wants Hot Wings?  :D

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2011, 12:01:55 AM »
After you mentioned the food register, I demolished the fire station and put it in Bridgeport just to see.  I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but I'm going to get over there very soon lol.

Leto85

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2011, 09:34:32 AM »
Simbots will max their energy bar if electrocuted, so thanks to the World Adventure traps the lot is actually functional as a fuel station for them  ;D.

And it keep me thinking first: 'Why on earth did Ausette put traps in this building?' Probably for the look of it, decoration, but this is indeed really smart! A simbot recharging lot. Wow, welcome in the 30's century.

Offline sydney511

• Occult
  • R.I.P. Edel - Jan. 14, 1996 - Jul. 02, 2011
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2011, 10:33:45 PM »
Grrr I wish I can download, but I don't have WA.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2011, 10:52:09 PM »
Oh, you can still download it. The WA items will be removed, that's all. So it couldn't sell food or recharge Simbots but it could still make you town look more realistic.  :)

Shenice93

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2011, 09:11:55 PM »
Downloaded it! I am so putting this in my legacy because I could really use another place for the family to hang out there.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2011, 01:18:39 PM »
So realistic and magnificent. Thank you so much! I love the Alto Oil Fuel Station. :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa