Author Topic: Swap Shop Requests Thread  (Read 416030 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Swap Shop Requests Thread
« on: March 15, 2011, 04:01:59 AM »
Swap Shop Requests Thread

Welcome to the Swap Shop Requests Thread. This is the thread where you can ask for some help to get that customized item you have always wanted or needed, but not known how to make. When you make a request, it might not be done straight away as anyone who helps out here is doing so of their own free will and in their own time. In this Thread you can request any of the following:- Clothes and Accessories, Sims, Wallpapers, Flooring, Furniture, Patterns and anything else that comes to mind! You cannot request Buildings and Worlds in this Thread. There is a separate Building and Construction Request Thread. This thread is for asking for help and for giving it. As in all other threads on this Forum, rudeness will not be tolerated.

Rules:
The rules are simple: No third party custom content and no rudeness toward anyone's creations. If you need more information about custom content, here is the official ruling by Carl.

The official stand of Carl's Sims 3 Guide on mods (modifications to the game) and third party custom content is that they are very risky and we do not encourage or recommend their use.  Many sites which host them also offer code designed to break the game's Teen rating. As a family friendly site, we cannot endorse any sites which link to such content. Please refrain from linking to or discussing mods or mod sites or sites featuring adult content in general.  To be perfectly clear:  DO NOT discuss or link to any mods on this Forum.

For all of the Forum Rules, click here.

Making a Request - When you are making a request, it will be put into one of six categories: Clothing and Accessories, Sims, Furniture, Patterns, Building Materials or Miscellaneous. If you know which category your request will go into, then please say which one at the time of submission. For more information on what to write and what fits where, see the descriptions below. They are only guidelines as to what you may need to include, but you can write it however you wish.

Always state which Expansions or Stuff Packs you do or do not have. Also state if you have any items from the Sims 3 Store.

Clothing and Accessories - This category is for any items of clothing or accessories such as dresses, tops, shoes, socks, etc.
 Please indicate what age the item is intended for, what gender, if a specific item of clothing is wanted, any theme or colour. Extra details can be included.
Sims - This category is for any Sims or households you may want.
 Please indicate the age, gender, eye colour, hair colour, body shape, skin tone, muscle definition (Late Night only), style, traits, Lifetime Wish, star sign, favourites, name, and Bio (optional). Extra details can be included such as back story or what you want them for.
Furniture - This category is for any items of furniture/objects that have been recoloured.
 Please indicate what theme or pattern you want the object for, what objects you need. Extra details can be included.
Patterns - This category is for patterns used to recolor existing items in the game.
 Please indicate what type of pattern you want, theme, picture etc., new pattern or recoloured? State which category the pattern should belong to. Extra details can be included.
Building Materials - This category is for any wallpapers, floorings or recoloured Build Mode items such as doors, windows. etc.
 Please indicate what item or theme, particular design or pattern? What will it be used for? Extra details can be included.
Miscellaneous - This category is for any items that do not belong in the other categories, these will be less common things.
 Please indicate what the item you want or need is. Extra details may be needed.

Uploading a Creation for a Request:

If using free Store items, please provide a Link to the download. If a requester does not have a certain Expansion or Stuff Pack or Store Content then please do not include it.

If you are using the Swap Shop, Click Here to follow a link to the instructions.

When posting, at the top of your post, put who you are uploading for with either their name or request. Then put the details of what you are uploading plus a link to the Swap Shop where you have put it on the appropriate board.

Please remember that the use of third party custom content and posting a link to a creation containing it to download is against the rules.
Anyone who is rude about another's creations in a mean or hurtful way will be reported to a Moderator or an Administrator.

Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Swap Shop Requests Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 04:06:17 AM »
Thank you for posting this, Thomas.  To all of our members...  Thomas came to me suggesting this thread and offered to make the topic and organize the requests.  I think it's a great idea and have given him permission to do so.  Everyone please have fun with this and stay within the rules as written above.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 04:12:28 AM »
Thanks Thomas, this is a great idea :)

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 03:00:15 AM »
So has anyone got a Request so we can try out this thing?  :P

Thanks Thomas, this is a great idea :)

No Problem.  :)

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 04:03:34 AM »
I know I have already made the request in another thread... But I would love more maternity clothes.  The ones that have been put up I love.  I just want more.  :)  I love the colors yellow and orange, so maternity clothing in those colors would be great.  Patterns with flowers or stars would also be appreciated.  I am not picky on which clothing items you do.  Thank you!
Ignorance is not an excuse, please read the forum rules.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 10:22:48 AM »
To those wanting more maternity clothes - there is a bridesmaid dress from the store that my sims have recently started choosing for maternity wear.  I think it looks a lot better than that tacky slip they used to use.  Maybe some of our talented members can do something creative with the bridesmaid dress so it will look even better.  I don't know what the dress is called, but it's pink and blue and has a flower on it.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 10:32:04 AM »
Thank you for making this thread. I have many requests, but I'll have to choose the ones I would like to have in my game most, so I'll post a request later. Thanks again. :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2011, 11:12:09 AM »
I'd like to request a pattern. :)
It's for furniture an clothes of a girl named Swan Feather.

A light blue background, with white feathers on it. Feathers like this one.
Is this enough description? :-\
Formerly Simstar3

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2011, 12:42:20 PM »
I know I have already made the request in another thread... But I would love more maternity clothes.  The ones that have been put up I love.  I just want more.  :)  I love the colors yellow and orange, so maternity clothing in those colors would be great.  Patterns with flowers or stars would also be appreciated.  I am not picky on which clothing items you do.  Thank you!

Okay I put yours up Gerrr00!

Thank you for making this thread. I have many requests, but I'll have to choose the ones I would like to have in my game most, so I'll post a request later. Thanks again. :)

No problem and you don't need to worry about holding back. It's up to you how much you request.  ;)

I'd like to request a pattern. :)
It's for furniture an clothes of a girl named Swan Feather.

A light blue background, with white feathers on it. Feathers like this one.
Is this enough description? :-\

That's fine Simstar! It's up there now!  :)

@ All Requests :- If your not happy with what I have written feel free to ask me to add detail or take some out. Just bear(?) in mind any changes may be made after someone has gone ahead with the request.

Is it Bear or Bare in mind?  :-X

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2011, 02:04:50 PM »
Is it Bear or Bare in mind?  :-X

Definitely "bear".  "Bare" would imply a level of nudity not acceptable in this family oriented forum!   ;)  Actually the thought of a bare mind is rather frightening.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2011, 04:30:56 PM »
That's fine Simstar! It's up there now!  :)
Thankies~! ;D
Formerly Simstar3

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2011, 04:24:51 PM »

Gerrr00's Request:-

I only got one dress done but here is a starter for your Maternity Wear Collection!

Neutral Patchwork Dress: (Base Game Pattern)

It's basic but I have used it before and quite liked it, I often use that pattern but I think the Bright Colours it come in puts people off somethimes.

Your Request will stay up until you want it taken down because it seems more like a Set than a Request for an individual item.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2011, 03:23:07 AM »
I know I have already made the request in another thread... But I would love more maternity clothes.  The ones that have been put up I love.  I just want more.  :)  I love the colors yellow and orange, so maternity clothing in those colors would be great.  Patterns with flowers or stars would also be appreciated.  I am not picky on which clothing items you do.  Thank you!

Gerrr00's Request:-

I have another one but I don't know if it will download, can someone please tell me if it comes with the pattern?

Poppy Love Dress: (Pattern made by BlueMurder on Offical Sims 3 Exchange)

It's not my pattern but I really like it as a Maternity Wear, I just don't know if it will download with the Pattern or not?

Your Request will stay up until you want it taken down because it seems more like a Set than a Request for an individual item.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2011, 03:38:34 AM »
If you download an item of clothing from the Sims 3 Exchange, I'm pretty sure the pattern comes with it.  Just remember the risk, though.  Even downloading clothing can bring a bug to your game.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2011, 04:02:41 AM »
If you download an item of clothing from the Sims 3 Exchange, I'm pretty sure the pattern comes with it.  Just remember the risk, though.  Even downloading clothing can bring a bug to your game.

I didn't download the Clothing I downloaded the Pattern, the Creator of it doesn't use Third Party CC either. I just applied the Pattern to the Maternity Dress.

anything