Author Topic: Lounge - Twinbrook Brewery  (Read 8935 times)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Lounge - Twinbrook Brewery
« on: March 16, 2011, 01:39:05 AM »
Twinbrook Brewery, by Ausette

Lot Type: Exclusive Lounge
Lot Size: 30 x 30
Cost when placed on 30 x 30 lot: $186,504 ($96,727 unfurnished)
Contains Ambitions, Late Night and World Adventures Content
Store Content:

Founded in 1887, Twinbrook Brewery has a long history of brewing fine nectars and ales from the cool clean water of the nearby lake.  For the public, the brewery provides a ground floor bar, basement tours of the factory and private tasting sessions upstairs for exclusive members.

You can get into the member’s section with a Celebrity level of two or a $25 bribe. Sadly the Nectar Merchant upstairs doesn’t actually sell nectar, but I kept the register because you can still buy a Nectar Maker there if you want. Have fun!

EDIT: I've since discovered that the Nectar Merchant needs celebrity level to get in and do their job. You might want to fiddle with the celebrity level of the gates, or else remove the register altogether. Sorry.  :(

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Enjoy life and The Sims!
Re: Lounge - Twinbrook Brewery
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 02:46:30 AM »

Yea!  I am the first to download this amazing brewery.  Now I can have spoiled Sims too.  Thanks Ausette ;D!

Read the Forum Rules, they were written for a reason!  
Visit the Sims 3 Swap Shop.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline danefaith

• Top Secret
  • Occult
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 05:08:18 AM »

The water feature is really innovative.  These clubs have been great!

Oh, sweet irony, deliver me from coincidence.

Please feel free to utilize any of my builds in any of your stories and so forth.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 06:19:49 AM »
Exactly what I needed for my River View make over!  Terrific.  Thanks, Ausette.  *It will be great in my Twinbrook makeover too!*
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 07:12:41 AM »
Thanks guys ;D. Joria, I heard you were doing a Twinbrook remodel and I wanted to help, so I'm reallly glad you liked my brewery. With this as a lounge, the Red Rendezvous as a bar and the poolside club I built especially for the town, Twinbrook has one of each Late Night venue type, and I think that's enough for me.
danefaith, the "water feature" is supposed to be some sort of brewing device. Yeah, I don't know much about how beer is made in real life :). The funny thing though is that I used a WA dive pool to make it, so your Sims can swim around in it if you let them.  :D

A quick warning: I've just been playing it in different neighbourhoods and discovered that the Nectar Merchant needs celebrity level to get into the club. So unless you remove the bouncer or adjust celebrity level in Buy Mode or something you won't be able to buy nectar makers. It's very annoying, but a little amusing:
        Merchant: I'm telling you, I work here!
        Bouncer: Sorry mate, you have to be a 2-star celebrity to sell nectar racks here. Out.

Offline Zylphe

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 10:09:59 AM »
This is adorable!

I really like it -- I might have to squeeze it in my current town somewhere.

Shenice93

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 07:09:23 PM »
I love it! I've been looking for a nice sized lounge to add into Twinbrook! This is perfect!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joh

• Townie
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 08:07:00 PM »
Good job (again!) Ausette!

I took a brewery tour once, in Boston.  (Samuel Adams).  Your place is much classier, so...great imagination! 

In Boston the brewery part was above ground, with windows, but the vats (or whatever they're called) looked like silverish nectar makers, and there were a lot of them.  The tasting area was (as best I can remember) very utilitarian, with those long folding tables, and crummy stacking chairs.

However, they directed us to a pub/restaurant nearby that was well over a hundred years old, it was amazing.  Lots of oil painted murals, marble restrooms, marble phone booths, and lots of beautiful old carved wood.  I wish I could remember the name.  Maybe Paul Revere's name was in it?  But for some reason I'm thinking of a clock in the logo. (Maybe the clock was from somewhere else, on the same trip). It was in Jamaica Plains...anyone from Boston know?  (White, grey veined, marble cubicles in the ladies room stood out to me!)

Offline Jancy

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2011, 12:53:03 PM »
@Joh - I'm from and live in the Boston area - Does Doyle's Cafe in Jamaica Plain sound familiar?  I think this may be the place your talking about.  http://www.doylescafeboston.com/

Great looking pub Ausette :)

Offline Joh

• Townie
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2011, 01:19:24 PM »
@Jancy - Yes!  Thank you!  Doyle's it was, it had an oil painted mural of Paul Revere.  Sorry for going off topic, and thanks for saving me from wracking my brains for weeks.   :)  Lovely place, great food.  (I feel justified in making my cubicles out of marble because of theirs).

Offline Jancy

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2011, 01:29:27 PM »
Your Welcome Joh - Glad I prevented you from wracking your brains for weeks, you need them to play Sims :) 
Now you'll have your own Doyles Cafe/Pub to play with thanks to Ausette :)

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2011, 01:16:38 PM »
I love your buildings, Ausette! As you understand, this one is no exception - I'm in awe! :D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa