Author Topic: Pinnacle - A Modern Mountain Home  (Read 8965 times)

Offline danefaith

• Top Secret
  • Occult
Pinnacle - A Modern Mountain Home
« on: March 24, 2011, 02:49:52 PM »
Pinnacle, by Dane

Lot Type: Residential Lot
Lot Size: 30 x 30
Suggested placement: 330 Oak Grove Road, Sunset Valley
Price tag: $208,406 ($106,333 unfurnished)

Contains Ambitions, Late Night and World Adventures Content
Contains High End Loft content [only one item!]
Store Content:
  • [free] Beautiful Forest
  • [T-Mobile freebie] Retro Record Player
  • [T-Mobile freebie] Dock the DJ

This modern home has a strength of character and bravado liken to rival the very mountains it adorns.  Open floor plans and a dramatic raised roof scoff at the limits of physical boundaries, creating a living space with endless possibilities.

Additional specs:

Two bedroom, two and a half bath.

Features all skill items, excluding:
-martial arts
-nectary
-treadmill  

Includes SUV as picture above.

There may or may not be Sim-made easter eggs.

Trash can relocates to the curb.  It was meant to be in the tool room, next to the recycling bin.

There is a Simbot Charging Station and Emergency Shower in the basement, next to the inventor's table.  These are operated by guiding the prospective Sim into the respective room, where it automatically triggers.

More screenshots here: [x]

Hope you all enjoy!

Oh, sweet irony, deliver me from coincidence.

Please feel free to utilize any of my builds in any of your stories and so forth.

Leto85

Re: Pinnacle - A Modern Mountain Home
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 02:53:14 PM »
So, that is nice! I like both the building as well as the furniture. Now I wish there where more pictures.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline danefaith

• Top Secret
  • Occult
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 02:55:02 PM »
I'm glad you enjoy it!  I have a link to the full gallery at the very bottom.  

Edit: Which now works, at that!

Please feel free to utilize any of my builds in any of your stories and so forth.

Offline Micler

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 07:57:48 PM »
As I said in the building thread, this house is great! Which HELS item did you use?

Offline danefaith

• Top Secret
  • Occult
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 09:15:13 PM »
I used the HEL bath tub in the master bathroom.  I tried not to incorporate stuff packs but I felt the triangle shape was my best bet here.

Offline Micler

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 09:19:47 PM »
I used the HEL bath tub in the master bathroom.  I tried not to incorporate stuff packs but I felt the triang oj ewas mu best bet here.
Oh, I see. I need to get HELS! I have all the other EPs and SPs, but for some reason have neglected to get it.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 02:48:37 PM »
You build the kind of houses that make me jealous of my sims...I want to live in this one!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline danefaith

• Top Secret
  • Occult
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 07:50:07 PM »
Oh I would love to live in a house like this as well.  Haha, sims is my daydreaming outlet to be sure.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2011, 01:01:53 AM »
Awesome as always, dane  ;D. I love how it's modern and open, but the lanscaping and woody textures of the house make it cozy enough to feel like a real home. Your attention to detail gets me every time  :D. I haven't played the house with a Sim yet, but the 'moveobjects on' tricks look great and I'll definitely have to check out the nectar bottles in the basement some time.

I've only found one little problem: The garbage can refuses to stay in its room like it's supposed to, and whenever I place the lot the can turns up somewhere on the driveway. I think the game requires it to be outside, for bin diving purposes if any. Oh well, I can move it back inside myself.  :)

Offline danefaith

• Top Secret
  • Occult
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2011, 01:16:40 AM »
Forces it outside?  That is rather peculiar, although your speculation makes sense.  Well that is the benefit of sharing with a close knit community, they had the opportunity to see my original intentions. 

thanks for the compliments, especially on it feeling like a real home.  There's a joyful absurdity with modern architecture sometimes, but I was very invested on making this one feel very "real."

Offline Tru

• American Soldier
  • Nooboo
  • iTru
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2011, 01:24:58 PM »
Hi Dane,

I am really in love with this house. I joined this reform just so I could download this one. However, it will not install. I don't know if it's because I'm in Afghanistan or because I use a Mac. Whichever the case it will download but I get a message that says pinnacle.sims3pack: failed, although the progress bar is at 100%. Do you have any suggestion for downloading or any alternate means of downloading this? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. The Sims provide me with a little quite time away from this war. Please respond at your earliest convenience.

-Tru
-Tru

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2011, 01:57:48 PM »
Hi Tru

I don't know much about Macs but I think you should be able to download things as long as your game is reasonably up to date.
I have one suggestion: try saving the file from the download link instead of choosing to install it right away. Save it on your desktop or something and let the download finish. Then move the file to the folder Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads and open the launcher. The house should now be in the Downloads tab and you can install it from there, just select it and click Install.
Doing it this way sometimes helps.

Offline kiko94

• Immortal
  • you pronounce it *keko* not *kIko*
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2011, 02:27:04 PM »
I'm rady to kill to be able to build something like that, dane is anybody bothering you thees days ?
just kidding, great house, I will be studying this one, not just viewing it  ;D
My Blog For Sims 3 Buildings, visit for exclusive content -07/11 update : New Houses and community lots, don't miss them !!

-The Awkward moment whe you are viewing who's online, and you find somone looking at your profile...

Offline Tru

• American Soldier
  • Nooboo
  • iTru
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2011, 03:09:41 PM »
PJSim thanks, its worth a try. I really really want this home. Again thanks I'll let you know how it turned out.
-Tru

Offline Tru

• American Soldier
  • Nooboo
  • iTru
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2011, 03:15:19 PM »
PJSIM,

YOU ARE AMAZING! I think next to Dane, you the most awesome person I met on here. That worked perfectly. Again thank you.

-Tru
101st Airborne Division
-Tru