Author Topic: Offer up Information to help us build the guide  (Read 34684 times)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Offer up Information to help us build the guide
« on: March 28, 2011, 04:32:03 PM »
What quest if any reveals the recipe for the Flare spell? The rune combo can be input at level 1 without anything special..

I am missing more spells that come from quests. Kindly offer your recipes for the spell list, even if you don't remember the quest name

Do you get paid at noon on Saturdays? Sunday doesn't seem to give money. Ok Pay Day in general is driving me nuts now

This is basically the corrections/suggestions board condensed into a single topic. Any helpful comments should be posted here.

Need buffs for various recipes in the Cooking Guide

Offline HtFde

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Offer up Information to help us build the guide
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 04:49:54 PM »
Can anyone find a way to manipulate the heat level of a crafted item for Wizards or Blacksmiths so that the quality of the end product is higher?

Well, level 10 blacksmith here - the quality of a forged item depends on (a) level of the smith and (b) hammer used. Depending on item I have an error margin of 4 errors before my items will drop from legendary to the next lower level. So speed and quality and error margin is dependent on the type and quality of hammer. A legendary Angelshammer is really nice.

The heat of the iron counts as error when it hits the red or blue bar. The blue bar can be a pest if you need three or more forging cycles and the apprentice is interfering and forces you to restock coal, as it may cool the iron too much and you have your first error.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 05:05:01 PM »
As far as I can tell the level of the quest (bronze, silver, gold, platinum) is effected by both heroes.  If I have both characters at about halfgreen focus the bar seems to be triple arrow up which is faster than if I have one hero in the quest.  

Also - Taxes at levels 1 to 4 seem to be $100, level 5 to 9 is $250, and level 10 is $500.  

Also the watcher's pavilion, kingball court, lighthouse and mill never cost more than 30 RP each.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline HtFde

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 05:19:11 PM »
Since heroes can't gain xp, have no responsibilities, and cannot do a quest, what would you do with the Free Time quest?

You can craft, though and quickly switch between characters - this might be a nice setup for the New World quest by forging/crafting a lot of nice things and stuff them into your would be King's rucksack - alas, I have no luck, though, finding a new land - but I sure carry first rate equipment. :)

Edit: While you cannot get achievements you *can* gain reputation with patrols and such - and, of course, have endless attempts at getting unicorn horns, this mystic metal (or whatever it is called - the one you need for some forge items which is the ship patrol reward when you divvy up the loot), etc.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 05:20:12 PM »
I have never had things in my inventory carry over to a new kingdom.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline HtFde

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 05:24:32 PM »

Sigh - there goes an illusion - as I said - the "Find new Land" option on the ship is always either yellow or red for me, even with maxed focus. Possibly it's my low level (level 5 knight) that's causing this, no idea - so thanks for the info as I'm not pursuing this quest any longer now with this limitation.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 05:32:07 PM »
I have never seen it green either but I always find new land by the third try.  Do it anyway! The next kingdom you start - you can choose that level 5 knight and he will be a level 5 monarch!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 07:04:50 PM »
Thanks guys. This is already really helpful. I didn't even know about Find New Land. If anyone wants to post their level 10's income, the daily income is listed on the kingdom screen when you click that building.

Rather than tables of the income, I plan to show only the range they earn.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 07:06:31 PM »
I will try to get that information to you when I figure out which kingdom it was that didn't have the bonus to income!  I'm starting a new ambition kingdom and I figure I'll write a bunch of the building stuff down since this ambition is a very low QP one.

edit: Also smithing for wizards and blacksmiths seems to count their hammer and their level.  The Blacksmith can get higher quality gear with a higher quality hammer earlier on but my level 10 wizard had his quality bar all the way at the top when he just made a staff and he didn't have the best hammer.  Just the best you could buy from the shoppe (ferrous I think)

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2011, 08:14:13 AM »
I'm beginning to think that discounts from the Shoppe have to do with kingdom aspects than anything else.  My monarch of my latest kingdom is level 9 and is not getting any discounts.  In fact when Security for the kingdom was low, prices were higher at the market.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2011, 10:14:36 AM »
I had a rather painful experience that I wanted to let you know about to prevent other people from running into the same problem.

I finished my first ambition and did the quest to send my lvl 10 wizard off to start a new kingdom.  When I started to set up that kingdom I picked a different throne room style that I thought might be more suitable for a wizard - but I really didn't like it when I saw it.  So since I hadn't saved anything, I exited to the main menu figuring I could just start over.  WRONG!  My wizard was no longer available to choose for monarch!  She has completely disappeared and my original kingdom has a new level 1 wizard now.  Man that hurt!  Had I known that I would lose her then I would have kept the crappy decor and just fixed it as finances allowed.

I went back to my original kingdom to see if I could pick another hero to be a new monarch...no such luck.  I've had to start my next ambition with a new lvl 1 monarch - which isn't so bad except that I loved my wizard and am quite unhappy that she's gone.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2011, 10:31:47 AM »
Yeah I thought I had mentioned this on another thread but I guess you had to find out the hard way.  After doing the forging for a new kingdom quest always just go back to main menu and don't save.  Because that kingdom does lose the Sim that you moved over and it's a one time deal for use of that Sim.  And that's for all over, I am literally saving two of my kingdoms just to move the characters I liked so much into new kingdoms.

Also: here is some information I've gathered so far for the guide

Starting salaries:
Wizard $28
Peteran Priest $19
Bard $22
Knight $30
Jacoban Priest $30

The first building you buy is 10 RP which you can get from that one quest about starting fresh and only losing 1 QP plus it introduces you to all your servants.  The same quest you basically did for the tutorial.   Second building you buy is 30 RP.  Third and Fourth are both 40 RP.  Fifth and Sixth is 50.  If it goes up again I'll update this post. You cannot have a Spy unless you have a reception hall which I got when I reached 60 renown/3 quests/2 buildings.   I have no idea which one set it off but I'm betting it was the renown (you probably need 50 not 60). 

I got walls built around my town on the fifth building but I also had a knight put in finally so it may be possibly to get them earlier someone would have to double check that.  You only get guards when you have a barracks built.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2011, 11:04:50 AM »
Yeah I thought I had mentioned this on another thread but I guess you had to find out the hard way.  After doing the forging for a new kingdom quest always just go back to main menu and don't save.  Because that kingdom does lose the Sim that you moved over and it's a one time deal for use of that Sim.  And that's for all over, I am literally saving two of my kingdoms just to move the characters I liked so much into new kingdoms.

I either missed it or I read it and it didn't really sink in.  It gave me a chance to build a better wizard in my new kingdom as well as my old one, and at least the rest of my heroes are intact so I can go back in free play mode and experiment a little bit.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2011, 02:08:52 PM »
My last two buildings now cost 60 so I'm thinking that's the max, not 50.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2011, 02:16:17 PM »

Mine carried over on one of mine.  After I finished the first ambition, I had a choice of two more games.  I chose the one and when I went to choose the Moncarch, all the characters that I had made in my first ambition were there to choose from.  I chose my level 10 spy to be the monarch and she had everything in her inventory that she had in the previous ambition.  I did get the choice to play the open game and played for a few minutes, but since I had already gotten use to quests and everyday responsibilities, I found it kind of lacking for something for my sims to do.  Funny how that works. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?