Author Topic: Stuck in the Forest  (Read 7017 times)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Stuck in the Forest
« on: April 12, 2011, 01:36:07 PM »
Ever since completing a quest that finished in the forest, my merchant has been standing unmoving in the forest.  I can't click on her to have another sim interact with her, and I've done several quests since that one so it doesn't look like she's ever going to move on her own.  I just checked the list of cheats in the Guide and didn't see Reset Sim in the list - I don't think I can remember her last name anyway.  Does anyone know of a way to get the merchant back where she belongs?

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

alroel

Re: Stuck in the Forest
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 02:35:03 PM »
Have you tried clicking the little arrow beside the picture of your sims face? Whenever your not at your home this arrow appears by their faces.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Enjoy life and The Sims!
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 02:48:48 PM »

Can she still be chosen as a Hero in your quests?  Can you use another Hero to send her a letter and invite her to a different place?  Have you played a different Hero that has a relationship with your merchant and have you tried placing a marker on her?  With the marker on, you can actually just have another Hero click on the marker to 'call over' or interact with her.

If none of these work then Carl has the following in the Medieval Guide under Cheats:
Shift-Clicking Cheats
If you shift-click on a Sim, you can set their relationship levels, change traits, and profession levels. This is the closest we can get to an experience cheat, being able to promote a hero's level manually. Shift-clicking the ground will enable teleportation and the ability to build on any lot.

I wish you luck!

Read the Forum Rules, they were written for a reason!  
Visit the Sims 3 Swap Shop.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 03:09:47 PM »
I haven't done a quest with her since that one - she's at level 10 and I'm playing the Hard Worker Ambition, so I've been busy trying to level up the other heroes.  But it never occurred to me to try having another hero invite her or call her over.  I'll have to see if one of the others has her in their relationship panel.  Thanks for the suggestions, mtglady.  I'll let you know how it goes.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 03:18:22 PM »

Yes, please let me know.  I am working on the Hard Worker Ambition right now.  So far I have 4 level 10 Heroes.  Sure is hard work ;)!

mdlcomps0

Solution to :Stuck in the Forest
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 09:03:26 AM »
To enable testing cheats and reset you sim, thus getting them unstuck from wherever they are (in my case it was the merchant in the forest), you have do edit a game file, it is no longer done through the cheats command prompt (crtl, shift, c).

Here are the instruction to enable testing cheats:

1. Go to you game installation folder and into the following folder
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Ini

2. Open Commands.Ini with notepad or another text editor and change the following
TestingCheatsEnabled=0 to TestingCheatsEnabled=1 then save the file. If you can't get the file to safe due to access permissions. Save in another location such as my documents then copy the new file over, replacing the old one.

3. Start your game, hold down shift and click on your stuck sim. Click Object, Then click Force Reset. Your sim will now still be in the same place but when you tell them to do something they can actually move.

That's it.
Good luck and have fun.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 01:56:21 PM »
Can she still be chosen as a Hero in your quests?  Can you use another Hero to send her a letter and invite her to a different place?  Have you played a different Hero that has a relationship with your merchant and have you tried placing a marker on her?  With the marker on, you can actually just have another Hero click on the marker to 'call over' or interact with her.

It's taken a while, but I finally had a quest with a character that knew the merchant.  I tried placing a marker on her and got the message that "this sim cannot have a marker at this time."  My active character tried several times to invite her but each time he got the message "I'm busy with something at the moment.  Try again later."  It looks as if the only way to get her unstuck is to use cheats.  Fortunately I haven't had to play her since she got stuck.  I'm doing the Ambition where you try to get all the heroes to level 10, and she's already at the top of her profession.  So unless I need her for a 2-person quest, I guess I'll just leave her there. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2011, 06:06:54 PM »

She must really like the forest ;D.  My servant to my Monarch was stuck for three quests as she usually followed the Monarch when she went hunting for a great bear.  One day she just showed up at the castle, so maybe there is hope for your Merchant yet.

jlf02a

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2011, 03:24:10 PM »
My merchant is stuck, too. I've tried the force reset option, teleportation, and having another sim invite her over, but nothing is working. When I try anything she won't move because she's stuck on "Passed Out" (which happened because her energy ran completely out last night because I couldn't get her out of the forest and hadn't found these nifty cheats yet). Is there some way to delete the "Passed Out" activity so that she can finally move? Help please.