Author Topic: Tiberium gem- heart cut grew into spire cut  (Read 23946 times)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Tiberium gem- heart cut grew into spire cut
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2010, 05:46:37 PM »
Glad to hear that you are getting them now, usually in one session, my little girl gets a pink diamond, soulpeace, tiberium and a couple of odd ball gems, but that is the best way if you really want to collect them and make some money.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline MegTrog

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2010, 09:19:38 PM »
I found some Tiberium in a chest at the top of the Chateau de Landgraab in France.  I was thrilled, since my vacation was a few hours away from ending, so I just sent my Sim up there on a whim to see where the stairs led.  It was already spire-cut, so I just dumped in the backyard as soon as I got home.  Very excited to see what happens next!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2010, 10:06:07 PM »
I found some Tiberium in a chest at the top of the Chateau de Landgraab in France.  I was thrilled, since my vacation was a few hours away from ending, so I just sent my Sim up there on a whim to see where the stairs led.  It was already spire-cut, so I just dumped in the backyard as soon as I got home.  Very excited to see what happens next!

Is it large or small spire cut?  And what's it's current value?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline MegTrog

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2010, 07:12:06 AM »
I'm assuming it was small spire cut, since it didn't look very big to me!  I believe its value was $105, but I'll have to double-check that whenever I next play the game.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2010, 05:59:22 PM »
Yeah, sounds like a small spire cut.  I hope it grows for you.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline MegTrog

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2010, 10:15:38 PM »
Well, it grew!  Dear lord, that is a leap in value, isn't it?  From $105 to over $35,000!  Will it grow any more, or should I just sell it / display it now?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2010, 10:29:08 PM »
That's as far as it will go.  Sometimes the value will be more, but it depends on the original weight.  The most I've had one worth is probably $45,000.  But once it's morphed into the large spire, it's done.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2010, 11:34:33 AM »
Where is the place to let it transform? e.g. floor, display, table etc.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2010, 01:14:56 PM »
It will transform anywhere.  On the floor, table, stand, etc.  The main thing is to make sure it has space around it.  Don't set anything directly next to it.  It needs the space to grow.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

TylerDurden

« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2010, 08:23:42 PM »
I know almost nothing about gem cutting in this game.  I think I found some topaz or something in the graveyard and sent it off to be cut, but only emarald cut came up.  It didn't seem to be worth all that much money.  I checked Carl's guide and couldn't find anything about it, but then, I'm sometimes good at missing things.  Is there a guide or forum post someone could point me in the direction of?
There are several different cuts that are unlocked by sending certain numbers of gems to be cut.

Emerald - Always
Oval - 4
Pear - 8
Plumbob - 16
Marquis - 30
Crystal Ball - 45
Brilliant - 60
Heart - unlocks when you have found all the basic gems in your start town.

Spire cuts, Large gems and skull cuts are available using the Cartiers Display case transmutes.  Some of the gems look really great when you take the time to collect the gems and transmute them.  Large rainbow skull gems are definitely worth the time to create.

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2010, 08:28:22 PM »
There are several different cuts that are unlocked by sending certain numbers of gems to be cut.

Emerald - Always
Oval - 4
Pear - 8
Plumbob - 16
Marquis - 30
Crystal Ball - 45
Brilliant - 60

Spire cuts, Large gems and skull cuts are available using the Cartiers Display case transmutes.  Some of the gems look really great when you take the time to collect the gems and transmute them.  Large rainbow skull gems are definitely worth the time to create.

Actually very accurate except that you don't have to find all the basic gems in your start town.  They can be replaced by finding other gems in the WA countries, aka China, France and Egypt.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2010, 12:30:50 PM »
Had one sell for 43000! It didn't take long to transform into a large version.

TylerDurden

« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2010, 04:02:00 PM »

Emerald - Always
Oval - 4
Pear - 8
Plumbob - 16
Marquis - 30
Crystal Ball - 45
Brilliant - 60

Actually very accurate except that you don't have to find all the basic gems in your start town.  They can be replaced by finding other gems in the WA countries, aka China, France and Egypt.
That's right... The heart cut became MUCH easier to unlock since WA came out.  I don't have the number right now, but it is based on the number of different gems you have found.  So when you find new gems in foreign lands, it counts towards the number you need to unlock the heart cut.

Offline TheCub

• Townie
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2010, 07:07:26 PM »

Emerald - Always
Oval - 4
Pear - 8
Plumbob - 16
Marquis - 30
Crystal Ball - 45
Brilliant - 60

That's right... The heart cut became MUCH easier to unlock since WA came out.  I don't have the number right now, but it is based on the number of different gems you have found.  So when you find new gems in foreign lands, it counts towards the number you need to unlock the heart cut.
You always need to find 10 gems to unlock the heart shaped cut. The base game only has 10 gems so you have to find every one. With WA, any 10 gems will do. So if you can't find the rare rainbow gem or pink diamond, just pick up a couple of common gems while traveling, and you'll have that heart shaped cut unlocked in no time at all.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2010, 02:29:42 AM »
I have only ever found Tiberium once, in egypt and they never sell it in the relics shop. Are there any particular locations in Egypt where it is found? I have the Collection Helper, but I have spent whole holidays collecting.