Author Topic: Building: A Community Garden?  (Read 41520 times)

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
Re: Building: A Community Garden?
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2010, 06:11:03 PM »
Yes, I put in one of the new ones from LN, the Kissing Gourami spawner.
Ignorance is not an excuse, please read the forum rules.

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2010, 01:55:42 AM »
I've just downloaded both of your gardens and had a look in-game.

Unfortunately, I didn't have all the items for the Faery Garden and will need to tweak the fences and change some of the objects (did you put a laundry detergent bottle in the little house?)  but I loved the feel of the place and the many butterflies twirling around adding colour and life.

With 'this' garden, I like how you've incorporated the harvestable plants so that they don't intrude upon the relaxing park feel. Loved the Hiphop gnome and was sure I saw a large black fish jump in the pond  :o.  It is such a peaceful place. Whilst my sims enjoyed a game of chess, a maid on a break came to sit and read in the sun.

My low graphics setting causes the grass (when not terrain painted) to look flat, featureless and dull.  I just wanted to compliment you and say that the layout here did not draw my attention to my poor graphics at all.  The only thing I missed were the butterflies.  Thanks for sharing.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2010, 02:33:55 AM »
Thank you! 

There are 2 butterfly spawners but they are the rare ones, so they will eventually show up.  ;)  You probably saw a black gold fish in the pond too.  Sorry no deathfish.  Though that may be a good idea for my next garden....

In the faerie garden there are lots of butterflies, lol, almost to many.  For some reason when I placed those spawners they became un-deletable.  So I was stuck with all the bugs.  Don't mind to much but it can be a pain when you want to harvest/play chess and keep clicking "catch" on accident.  Also I think I did put some laundry detergent in the shed.  I tried to decorate it how a working garden shed would look like and a big ole bottle of soap sounded good. 

I hope you get many enjoyable Sim hours out of the gardens. 

Offline Caitie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2010, 10:32:50 PM »
I just finished a huge project -- a community-style garden featuring every plant in the game (including the ones that came with WA and LN), all of perfect quality:

It took quite a bit of work, especially the archway in the front; and, of course, getting all the plants to perfect quality level.  XD

You can download it here.

Edit: I fixed your link so everyone can just click on 'here' and go right to it.  Good job!  
Mtglady

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2010, 01:00:03 AM »
I can't see the picture, I get the funky little box.  Can anyone else see it?  Just wondering if it is my browser messing up or not.

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Enjoy life and The Sims!
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2010, 10:00:44 AM »
I can't see the picture, I get the funky little box.  Can anyone else see it?  Just wondering if it is my browser messing up or not.

I can't see it either gerrr.  I'm using IE8.
Read the Forum Rules, they were written for a reason!  
Visit the Sims 3 Swap Shop.

Offline Caitie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2010, 11:24:49 AM »

I don't know why.  That's so weird -- I could see it fine on my computer!  Oh, well, whatever.  Computers can be so temperamental, lol.

I added the pic as an attachment, instead.  I also included a link where it could be downloaded.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sophie4563

• Townie
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2010, 08:01:23 PM »
Just wondering, can sims plant produce on a community lot? If not, how do you get perfect plants there?

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2010, 09:19:01 PM »
I play the lot as a residential first.  I plant everything, get it to perfect, then evict my Sim.  Change the lot to community and that's it.  I place the perfect gardens in my games.  I use them to pick the fruit and if your Sim plants it then those plants are perfect.  I'm a little distracted right now, so let me know if this makes sense.  :)

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2010, 09:19:28 PM »
Just wondering, can Sims plant produce on a community lot? If not, how do you get perfect plants there?

No, Sophie, they can't.  gerrr00 and Caitie both created their lots as residential and moved a gardening Sim onto the lot.  Once the plants were all 'Perfect', they moved their Sim off of the lot then turned the lot into a community lot.

When you place the lot in your neighborhood, your Sims can harvest the perfect plants, but they can't talk to the plants or fertilize them.  Also Death Plants will die once picked and can't be reserected.  Same with Plasma Fruit, once the plant produces the one or two fruits, the plant will die. Then you have to go into 'edit town' and physically remove them so your Sims won't get a negative moodlet when they visit. ;D  

Edit - gerrr00 beat me to the answer  ;)

Offline Sophie4563

• Townie
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2010, 09:36:42 PM »
Thanks for the info gerrr00 and mtglady. I'll be downloading all these great community gardens for sure.

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2010, 12:01:35 AM »
When you place the lot in your neighborhood, your Sims can harvest the perfect plants, but they can't talk to the plants or fertilize them.  Also Death Plants will die once picked and can't be reserected.  Same with Plasma Fruit, once the plant produces the one or two fruits, the plant will die. Then you have to go into 'edit town' and physically remove them so your Sims won't get a negative moodlet when they visit. ;D

I am able to talk to the plants still while it is a community lot.  I have seen townies go to the garden and strike up conversations with the lettuce. 

I did not know that plasma fruit died!  That sucks.  If I had know I would have put a lot more than just 2 plants in my last garden.  Maybe I will go and edit it so it has like 10.  And it gives you a bad moodlet?  Thanks for that info, I will plan better in the future.

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2010, 03:23:34 AM »
I am able to talk to the plants still while it is a community lot.  I have seen townies go to the garden and strike up conversations with the lettuce. 

I did not know that plasma fruit died!  That sucks.  If I had know I would have put a lot more than just 2 plants in my last garden.  Maybe I will go and edit it so it has like 10.  And it gives you a bad moodlet?  Thanks for that info, I will plan better in the future.

My Sims haven't been able to talk to the plants from your garden even though they talk to their own plants.  And the negative moodlet is mostly that trash can only - maybe they think the area is dirty? 

I did have one Sim that cried everytime she saw a dead plant.  I always tried to keep her away from any garden if there was a dead plant in it.  Her son would dispose of the dead plants, then she could do her thing.  And she is was a level 10 gardener and able to order Omni Plants.  Silly Sim  ;D!

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2010, 03:40:27 AM »
These were from the 1st garden I made.  I was there harvesting then all of a sudden I heard Sims talking.  It was really funny beause they were completely in sync with each other.  Both were talking to plants.

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2010, 03:42:55 AM »
That's cute.  I wish I could get my Sims to talk in your garden.  Maybe my Sim has problems - lol!  I'll create another Sim and try it again.