Author Topic: Pam and Grandpa - where did you get your avatars?  (Read 10486 times)

Offline kat

• Townie
Pam and Grandpa - where did you get your avatars?
« on: February 03, 2010, 08:12:41 PM »
I would have PM'd, but I thought other people might be interested :)
I love your little Sim avatars, where did you get them, or how did you make them from the Sims game??
Thanks!!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Pam and Grandpa - where did you get your avatars?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 09:02:21 PM »
Hi kat.

I can answer part of your question.  I created my avatar in the Sims 3 game.  You need to go into Create a Sim and create the Sim that you want to be your avatar, including traits and Lifetime Wish.  Once complete, click on the button with three dots beside the miniature picture of your Sim at the bottom.  Choose "Share."  Then click on the button with three dots in the lower left corner of the screen and select Launcher.  When the Launcher opens, you can upload your Sim and it will be the headshot you see here.

I can also tell you that you upload the avatar/headshot through the Profile option here on the forum.  Then under Modify Profile, you select Forum Profile Information.  From there, you can choose to browse your computer and upload a picture.

Now, what I'm not able to tell you at the moment is how to get it from the Sims launcher to your computer hard drive.  I'm sure it's very easy, but I'm drawing a blank and can't recreate it for some reason.  I'm sure some of the others can fill in this part.  :)

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 11:24:37 PM »
Thanks Pam....I've been wondering the same thing. I actually just created a self Sim tonight and was trying to get a picture in the CAS and never could get it to work. So I went ahead and took my sim in the game and got a picture of her there. I just uploaded it tonight and she's adventurous so she's always doing that thing where she puts her hand up on her forehead and looks around. That's the picture I got.....I figured it would be appropriate. LOL

Grandpa Muleskinner

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 08:32:28 AM »
Hi kat.

I can answer part of your question.  I created my avatar in the Sims 3 game.  You need to go into Create a Sim and create the Sim that you want to be your avatar, including traits and Lifetime Wish.  Once complete, click on the button with three dots beside the miniature picture of your Sim at the bottom.  Choose "Share."  Then click on the button with three dots in the lower left corner of the screen and select Launcher.  When the Launcher opens, you can upload your Sim and it will be the headshot you see here.

I can also tell you that you upload the avatar/headshot through the Profile option here on the forum.  Then under Modify Profile, you select Forum Profile Information.  From there, you can choose to browse your computer and upload a picture.

Now, what I'm not able to tell you at the moment is how to get it from the Sims launcher to your computer hard drive.  I'm sure it's very easy, but I'm drawing a blank and can't recreate it for some reason.  I'm sure some of the others can fill in this part.  :)

Yes, I followed the same steps that Pam did. Additionally, I shared my simself on the Official TS3 website and made the head shot my avatar there. After I set (chose) my avatar on the official TS3 site, it was easy from there. I was able to right click on the pic in my profile and save it to my computer hard drive.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 08:37:11 AM »
Grandpa, when I first saw your avatar, I said to myself, "That looks like Ed Headrick with a cowboy hat." Ed's the guy that invented the basket that catches flying discs for disc golf. I use to be really into that sport --

http://www.pdga.com/files/u5252/Ed_Headrick.jpg

Grandpa Muleskinner

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 08:51:41 AM »
Grandpa, when I first saw your avatar, I said to myself, "That looks like Ed Headrick with a cowboy hat." Ed's the guy that invented the basket that catches flying discs for disc golf. I use to be really into that sport --

http://www.pdga.com/files/u5252/Ed_Headrick.jpg

Well Metropolis Man, what can I say but that Ed has my good looks, and I wouldn't mind sharing the $$$ he gets for that nifty invention.  ::)

Offline purenergy

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 08:57:55 AM »
Pam, I tries uploading a picture last night and it never posted. Am I doing something wrong? I took it from the screenshot file.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2010, 04:51:28 PM »
Pam, I tries uploading a picture last night and it never posted. Am I doing something wrong? I took it from the screenshot file.

Do you mean you tried to upload a picture to your forum profile?

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2010, 05:01:11 PM »
Well since I already took my sim out of CAS, can I take her back in there....as if I was changing a hairstyle or something...and do a profile picture now? Or do you have to do it when you are originally creating the sim? Also, as for uploading it....are you talking about sharing it on the Exchange first? Or is there a way to save it to your harddrive?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2010, 05:04:29 PM »
I think you can go to a mirror to change appearance and get to the share button from there.  I also think that uploading it to the Exchange was my missing step in the above post.  If you upload it to the Exchange, you'll see the full size image and you can then copy it to your hard drive to upload here on the forum.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline kat

• Townie
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2010, 08:06:10 PM »
YES I did it!!
Unfortunately my Sim isn't very smiley - not much like me.
She is of course also completely perfect looking haha, not a hair out of place!
Thanks Pam and Grandpa.
(funny how calling you Grandpa immediately makes me fond of you!)

Offline purenergy

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2010, 08:15:35 PM »
yes my forum profile

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2010, 08:21:12 PM »
yes my forum profile

You need to go into "Profile" near the top left of your screen.  Then click on "Forum Profile Information" on the left side.  Next, select "I will upload my own picture" and click the browse button to find the image on your computer.  That should be all you need to do.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline purenergy

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2010, 08:40:54 PM »
I did that and nothing. I've tried it a couple of times more and with different shots, but still nothing.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2010, 09:18:23 PM »
I did that and nothing. I've tried it a couple of times more and with different shots, but still nothing.

Well, I'm stumped.  I can't imagine with the problem is.  Anyone else have any ideas?

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog