Author Topic: Spire Cut for other gems?  (Read 9886 times)

Offline Tiberium_Glow

• Llama Wrangler
Spire Cut for other gems?
« on: February 09, 2010, 08:47:10 PM »
I've been attempting to get Large Spire Cuts of other gems besides Tiberium, with no success. I know it can be done, though. Case in point, this page: http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Sims_3_Transfiguration

You can see a Spire Cut Amethyst, and a Spire Cut Ruby, in that image. Also, what looks like a Split Cut Yellow Sapphire. How is this done? What I'm trying to figure out, is the best formula that likely won't guarantee a Spire Cut gem, but at least give me the best chance. I've tried half Large Spire Cut Tiberium, with half Emerald Cut Emeralds, but I've been ending up with Large Emerald Cut Emeralds. Blarp. Am I supposed to use all small gems for the input? I.e., Spire Cut Tiberium as opposed to Large Spire Cut Tiberium? Or does that not matter?

If this is just a matter of luck and chance, I'll keep doing what I've been doing. I imagine many people would shudder at the thought of wasting countless Tiberium pieces for the cause, but money isn't a concern...my Sims are millionaires, and I'm obsessed with collecting. :P

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
Re: Spire Cut for other gems?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 09:14:36 PM »
Keep on trying as I have no idea how to get those in Spire cut.  Please let us know what you figure out for the recipe to accomplish this.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jmz95

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 10:35:05 PM »
Well, I don't have much experience with tiberium, but with a test game and the testingcheats, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out, just some time. I mean, they're called testingcheats for a reason!
"Yes, I try to pick up strange babies, but only in the game.  Don't judge me." - Pam
Too late, Pam. Too late.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 11:51:41 PM »
I did a little research on the official Sims 3 site and found a couple of possible formulas to get spire cuts in other gems.  I had no idea this was even possible, so thanks Tiberium Glow for asking about this.

Possible formulas:

"The way I get a Large Spire Cut Soulpeace is to use 4 pieces of Spire Cut Tiberium and 4 pieces of Emerald Cut Soulpeace. Using this formula there is only a 25% chance that you will create a Large Spire Cut Soulpeace, but this is the highest possible percentage, so you're better off saving your progress before you attempt it, because if it fails you can just reload. I have two pieces of Large Spire Cut Soulpeace, one is worth 227k and the other is worth 228k."  -burnoutPERTH

"I did create a large OPAL spire by accident. Its very pretty! I was just foolin around and I had put two large spire tiberiums, and a whole lotta opal of any cuts, and presto! If I reinstall this game, if EA tries to fix the bugs, I will try for a Soulpeace large spire...its so much fun!"  -LadyHCroft
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Tiberium_Glow

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 03:17:41 AM »
"The way I get a Large Spire Cut Soulpeace is to use 4 pieces of Spire Cut Tiberium and 4 pieces of Emerald Cut Soulpeace. Using this formula there is only a 25% chance that you will create a Large Spire Cut Soulpeace, but this is the highest possible percentage, so you're better off saving your progress before you attempt it, because if it fails you can just reload. I have two pieces of Large Spire Cut Soulpeace, one is worth 227k and the other is worth 228k."  -burnoutPERTH

This is the formula I've been using. Half Large Spire Tiberium, and half another gem of one type, in one cut. I guess I'll keep plugging along at it. I agree with that other one, a Spire Cut Opal would be gorgeous. Also, holy cow(or should I say, holy cowplant?)at the worth of the Large Spire Soulpeace.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 03:25:07 AM »
It sounds like there's a good deal of luck involved with these, too.  So, just keep playing around with it and let us know if you get anything good!  :D

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Tiberium_Glow

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2010, 08:21:24 AM »
I've had my first success: Large Spire Cut Smoky Quartz. This might be one of the lesser value gems, but it's still incredibly gorgeous;

When you get one of these, try clicking the arrow and holding it down so the camera continuously pans around it in a circle...it makes for a lovely display of light flashes in the crystal.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2010, 05:13:07 PM »
That's awesome!  Are all the other gems in that shot large cuts?  The spire cut one actually looks like a small to me because there are no small gems around it for comparison.  That's just so cool you were able to get it.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Tiberium_Glow

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2010, 12:04:50 AM »
That's awesome!  Are all the other gems in that shot large cuts?  The spire cut one actually looks like a small to me because there are no small gems around it for comparison.  That's just so cool you were able to get it.

Yes, those are all Large Cuts. I can grab a small gem and put it next to it for comparison next time I jump into the game(few minutes from now, xD).

Here ya go. That's a standard size Emerald Cut Yellow Sapphire. I almost forget how small the regular gems are, until I compare them to the large ones.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2010, 01:57:56 AM »
Oh my! That is amazing! You've encouraged me to start collecting with my current family. And there will be a collecting challenge coming up in the future. Metro and I talked about it a little earlier. I love how you've got all of them lined up like that. I usually try to put them on tables or displays, but the way you've got them looks great!

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

bshag

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2010, 12:11:54 PM »
Wow! :o  How pretty!  Do you like, have a separate house for all those gems? :D

All my sims are comfortable but not rich so I don't usually try to put those precious gems on the XL case.  I know what I'll do if I ever have a family rolling in money though. ;D

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2010, 12:19:34 PM »
A beautiful collection, Tiberium! You'll definitely do well in the upcoming collection challenge Pam alluded to. A date has not been set, but there will be a massive collecting challenge as part of this year's Tournament. Count on it.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2010, 01:40:35 PM »
Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! Spire-cut soulpeace! That sounds just wonderful! The money for it sounds fantastic!!!
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline Tiberium_Glow

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2010, 02:13:43 AM »
Wow! :o  How pretty!  Do you like, have a separate house for all those gems? :D

Nah, but close. I have the biggest basement size possible, on the Alto's mansion lot. The basement is so big that I have bedrooms for a couple of my Sims down there.

I'm obsessed with collecting...absolutely obsessed. Every game I have, I assign at least one Sim to be a collector.

Offline Eftyen

• Townie
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2010, 10:46:03 AM »
Hmm... hence, your screen name here?  From the looks of things, you'd definitely be a top contender for the collecting challenge!

anything