Author Topic: Oh, Where's the Wedding Ring?  (Read 20764 times)

Offline Justine

• Llama Wrangler
Oh, Where's the Wedding Ring?
« on: March 06, 2010, 09:25:11 PM »
Hi everyone, been a fan of Sims since first edition, sipped the 2nd due to some circumstances and now I thought I'd catch up with Sims 3.

I've currently got both the expansion pack and stuff pack - WA and HEL.

When I installed WA, I created a Marlene Verne, the adventurer, to see all the places, visit tombs and such. So she travelled a lot, which is always risky. After she completed her life-time wish of being a Great Explorer, I decided I wanted her to lead a steady existence for a while (I'm on long life-time settings) and have a family. Before that between the trips for sheer pleasure she seduced Stiles McGraw, and a few females, but upon hitting her sixth grave and coming back I decided on Alvi Miraj. They had a passionate night, she was impregnated and after the baby was born I asked Emma Hart to move in, forgo her cooking career choosing instead to become a writer living in the nursery taking care of the baby together with the new mom and dad (it's one of my methods to cope with pregnancies in the Sims, it's much better than hiring baby-sitter the whole time). Unfrotunately eventhough they had a baby I couldn't get Alvi to propose, so I asked him to move in. His traits disappointed me, so I killed him, and right after the funeral I merged her household with my freshly-made sim, Jules and his two teenage daughters. Now it's the same thing all over again. WooHoo they woohoo-ed but no marriage proposal option.
Since this forum has been largely helpful, I looked it up, she is single and was single the whole time, broke up with all the other romantic interests and I tried resetting her, resetting her name, but nothing seems to work. No going steady option. Just to be clear, their relationship bar is full, they're fond of each other.
Also, I've just finished a little experiment, and created a new sim-character, and she easily got somebody in the Central Park to be her boyfriend, which means there's nothing wrong with the game itself.
I haven't used any custom stuff 'cause I can't even install the store-downloadibles due to game launcher's bug.

There's something buggy about this house sometimes, my sims get stuck in a loop, need resetting to be able to do get to bed/shower. This has happened two-three times so far.

Btw, I have found a way to store ambrosia :D While cooking you need to stop at the bowl-phase of cooking and it's storeable in the replicator. After replicating it it comes out ready, and perfect  O.o!

HOW do I marry them? Any debugging solutions? 'Cause it's clearly a bug, if it's only this household.

I don't want to destroy the house - it's really pretty, I've spent a lot of time furnishing, and decorating. The garden is perfect, I've got the entire plant list (almost, couldn't get the cooking opportunities for steaks and omni plants) together with the WA cherries, pomelos and such, I've waited 10 days or more to find life-fruit, the basement is stocked with lovely nectar, and it's a great place to party with the beautiful patio.

TylerDurden

Re: Oh, where's the wedding ring?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 09:33:36 PM »
For the marriage issue, check Alvi to see who it says he is in a relationship with.  If you don't have a Go Steady option, then send him home and invite him the next day to get a reset of the daily options.  To get married, you tend to have to to the Go Steady -> Propose Marriage -> Have Wedding.  See if that helps.  If you see that Alvi is in a relationship with another person, that will require a different angle.  You'll need to get Alvi to near max relationship with you and invite them to live with you.  Then proceed to break up the previous relationship once you have control of the sim.

As for the house being destroyed... Just pack the house like you are exporting it to the Exchange.  You will be able to drop the house into any of your future games via the edit town feature once you have packed the house away.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Justine

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 09:35:43 PM »
But it's not about Alvi, I killed him. I can't get Marlene and Jules to marry...

And Jules isn't ina  relationship with anyone, so wasn't Alvi.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 10:06:59 PM »
I'm afraid I don't have quite the answer you were looking for on this, but I'm sure if you go searching through other topics (because I have found quite a few). You aren't the only one with this exact problem. Maybe you can ask around to see how they fixed. Otherwise... I'm sorry I'm not much help for this type of problem, well (knock on wood) I haven't had to deal with it yet. Hopefully someone knows how to fix it.

Offline Justine

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010, 10:29:29 PM »
well,
that's what I've done, and it seems the only thing to do, is to move them... maybe it'll help reset. I want that wedding, 'cause I want it to be one of the 10 great parties Marlene's wishing for ;) And I wanted to prepare something really nice for it, since she's a top-notch cook and gardener.

btw. why is meditating for 48 hours worth 10,000 LHP while throwing ten great parties 2,500 LHP. Unfair. It takes 2,5 day to finish the first one, and the other one takes forever (having two parties a day, when you're a gardener and mother is absolutely impossible! Even with the help of a live-in baby sitter)

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2010, 10:33:25 PM »
There is a glitch that apparently makes it impossible for a sim to declare someone his/her fiancé/fiancée/BFF/boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife if any of the both sims has been that ever before. So in light of this, please clarify: Is it possible that one or two of the sims in question has been any of these before?
I'm sorry to say that I don't have a work-around for this (I've got it also, but try to ignore it), but it's possible that another person on this forum may have an idea.

PS. It is usually the practise here to stick with one question per thread, so if you have another one, please add it to an existing, similar thread or create a new one. You don't want to have the moderator/administrator wolves after you now do you? ;) *looks around both shoulders with fear*
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline Justine

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2010, 10:49:06 PM »
No, none of the before-mentioned young-adults/adults have been declared BF/GF/Fiancee/Husband/Wife. Not Marlene, not Alvi, not Sitles, not any of the girls/women Marlene seduced, not Jules. I made it a policy that she'd keep all of them at romantic interest level, 'cause I knew about the bug with one-time declaration.

<lol> and the LHP question was more a rethorical one, but yes, I will be sure to not cause any problems for the moderators, thank you for yor concern :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2010, 11:22:25 PM »

PS. It is usually the practise here to stick with one question per thread, so if you have another one, please add it to an existing, similar thread or create a new one. You don't want to have the moderator/administrator wolves after you now do you? ;) *looks around both shoulders with fear*

Responding as said a moderator, we ask that there is only one question per thread for ease of finding answers to questions others may have.  That way, other users do not have to hunt through each individual post to find the information they are looking for.

*growls*  :)

Offline jmz95

• Immortal
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2010, 10:16:20 PM »
Responding as said a moderator, we ask that there is only one question per thread for ease of finding answers to questions others may have.  That way, other users do not have to hunt through each individual post to find the information they are looking for.

*growls*  :)
Lol, I loved that growl at the end. Definitely made me chuckle after Swede's comment  ;D
"Yes, I try to pick up strange babies, but only in the game.  Don't judge me." - Pam
Too late, Pam. Too late.

Offline Justine

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2010, 10:26:12 PM »
I'm truly sorry for causing a mess, Mr Moderator *bambi eyes* I promise not to do it again. I'm new, please forgive me.

About the question - Moved them, and it didn't work I'm starting to think, that it's near impossible to have that wedding...

Maybe if they travelled together it would help? Since it would reset some things, and maybe reestablish their relations?

Any other ideas I might try?

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2010, 10:56:08 PM »
Welcome to the forum Justine.  I am sorry that I can't help with your current problem as I have not had experience with it.

Offline Justine

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2010, 12:08:49 AM »
I've done some testing, created a copy of the save, and so far it seems that even the hopeless romantic trait, which usually has the option "propose going steady" isn't saving the situation. None of them have the opportunity.

It has something to do with that house 'cause I've created another couple, the girl with the romantic trait, and she got engaged within a few hours with her housemate while visiting France.

:< it's almost like making her an adventurer cost Marlene "every woman's biggest dream".

I can try to send Jules and Marlene abroad, try to do something to their household in Edit Town mode (bulldoze). If you can share any other ideas, I'll be very grateful.

So far:
- I've broken up with all of Marlene's past romantic interests. She hasn't been pronounced GF/Fiancée/Wife of any of them.
- I've changed her name twice
- I've reset her a couple of times
- I've moved their household
- I've given them hopeless romantic traits.

Offline Justine

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2010, 08:32:14 PM »
Oh yes, I now know exactly why there is no marriage option. Took one look into the family tree of my sim.

She, Marlene Verne, has a family in China! A daughter (with the trait of being Evil O.o!), Hsieh Hong, and Chen Verne as probably her husband (which is weird considering you usually inherit the foreign family's name, right??).

I know nothing about the daughter, and the guy didn't even exist on my acquaintance list, his son did, though.

So much for my wedding party, eh? Tough luck. Can't believe it actually happened to me.

Offline jmz95

• Immortal
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2010, 08:59:51 PM »
Oh yes, I now know exactly why there is no marriage option. Took one look into the family tree of my sim.

She, Marlene Verne, has a family in China! A daughter (with the trait of being Evil O.o!), Hsieh Hong, and Chen Verne as probably her husband (which is weird considering you usually inherit the foreign family's name, right??).

I know nothing about the daughter, and the guy didn't even exist on my acquaintance list, his son did, though.

So much for my wedding party, eh? Tough luck. Can't believe it actually happened to me.
Try going back to China and breaking up with the dude.
"Yes, I try to pick up strange babies, but only in the game.  Don't judge me." - Pam
Too late, Pam. Too late.

Offline Justine

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2010, 10:03:24 PM »
He's still alive, so it's possible, although he seems to not be in China, probably traveling somewhere abroad. Anyway, you can only be married once because of some bug, right? So it doesn't matter, there's no point in breaking up anyway.

what is even weirder it shows she's single while in Sunset Valley, and it doesn't show anything while she's in China.

anything