Author Topic: Hex Codes for Favorite Colors  (Read 285279 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Hex Codes for Favorite Colors
« on: July 03, 2010, 08:35:59 PM »
Use these hex codes to get the exact favorite color on clothing and furnishings.  When choosing the color for items, click on the tab with the number sign and copy these codes to achieve the precise favorite color used in the game.

Blue263f8f
Aqua00b0f4
Turquoise00a2c2
Spice Brown512d17
Green026e4c
Irish Green008862
Lime4ad031
Grayc1c4c9
Orangeff8841
Purple6a2286
Spiceberry6b1d51
Violetb12592
Lilac9a87c7
Pinkffa2bf
Hot Pinkfd3e9d
Redef2d35
Whiteffffff
Sea Foame6fdf5
Yellowffff00
Black3a3a3a

Edit:  I also found a webpage that has hex codes for nearly every color you can imagine.  Builders might find it useful.   Click here.

Update July 16, 2011:

Here are the RGB codes for the same colors, courtesy of Forum member Seabody.

Colour      RGB codes (R, G and B respectively)
Blue38, 63, 143
Aqua0, 176, 244
Turquoise0, 162, 194
Spice Brown81, 45, 23
Green2, 110, 76
Irish Green0, 136, 98
Lime74, 208, 49
Gray193, 196, 201
Orange225, 136, 65
Purple106, 34, 134
Spiceberry107, 29, 81
Violet177, 37, 146
Lilac154, 135, 199
Pink255, 162, 191
Hot Pink253, 62, 157
Red239, 45, 53
White255, 255, 255
Sea Foam230, 253, 245
Yellow255, 255, 0
Black58, 58, 58
The RGB codes were gained from this website.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
Re: Hex Codes for Favorite Colors
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 09:51:16 PM »
Thank you so much for putting this together Pam!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 11:59:16 PM »
I've never noticed my sims reacting any differently to objects that were their favorite color as opposed to ones that were not.  Is there really any benefit to making things exactly your sims' favorite color?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 12:03:35 AM »
I've read that if rooms are decorated in the exact hex code of your Sim's favorite color, that he/she will get a decorated moodlet from it.  Personally, I've never been able to make it happen.  However, I use the hex codes of my Sims' favorite colors for clothing and cars, just for fun.  I also thought this would be good information for anyone who likes to build and participates in the building contest.  For example, Sarah Jones' favorite color is violet, so having the hex code for violet will make it easier to decorate for a contest.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Maritah

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2010, 03:30:31 AM »
I've read that if rooms are decorated in the exact hex code of your Sim's favorite color, that he/she will get a decorated moodlet from it.  Personally, I've never been able to make it happen.  However, I use the hex codes of my Sims' favorite colors for clothing and cars, just for fun.

I've read that too, on the Sims Wiki.  I haven't seen any in-game evidence to support it.  A wiki is only as good as the last person to edit it, and unfortunately sometimes people post information there that they've heard somewhere or read in the Prima guide (which is not always accurate), but that has not been confirmed or tested or discovered by looking at the code.

I do use my sims' favourite colours, for fun, like you do, and not just for clothes or decorating.  In one neighbourhood (just for something different) I use their favourite colours for their hair, with their skins from the red, green or blue palettes.  It gives the game a very cartoony look.

While on the subject of colours, here's some non-sim sites that can help with coming up with colour schemes when you're decorating.  They're easy to use, put in the hex code of a colour you want to use, and then you can see some colours that might work well with that colour.

http://kuler.adobe.com/#create/fromacolor
http://www.colorsontheweb.com/colorwizard.asp
http://colorschemedesigner.com/

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2010, 11:58:11 AM »
I soooo [heart] this thread!!! Thank you all for the great info!
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2010, 12:12:23 PM »
I'll give that a try, although I always get the well decorated or beautiful vista moodlet anyway.  Thanks Pam.  I only was able to come close in my house building contest entry.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2010, 06:15:06 PM »
Yeah, we'll go lenient with this first building contest because of this.  It's still a work in progress.  :)

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2010, 05:55:36 PM »
My purpose for sharing Sarah's favorite color was simply to provide additional inspiration.  That's why it wasn't included under Requirements, but rather shared in the description.  Basically the entire Contest is designed to boost your creative thinking, rather than provide a formula for what kind of house to build.  :) 

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2010, 10:47:17 AM »
And it certainly has done that!  I keep seeing all kinds of different things to do and ways to think.  This first house is a basic, starter house built on the cheap.  Something I have never done in the past, so it really stretched my thinking.  I wasn't even totally happy with my result but felt it was acceptable for a first try.  Now I'm itching to try my hand on my own to build more starter houses just for fun and experimentation.  No time though. 

I really appreciate the fact that this contest exists, and certainly it wouldn't be here if not for your efforts.  Thanks so much for doing this, Ariagirl.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline jmz95

• Immortal
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2010, 01:01:05 PM »
Ha, I love the codes for white, yellow, and black. So original, hehe, though I know the codes are generated by the computer, they're still funny.
"Yes, I try to pick up strange babies, but only in the game.  Don't judge me." - Pam
Too late, Pam. Too late.

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2010, 01:49:07 PM »
Aw, what a sweet post, Joria!  I'm so glad you're enjoying the contest. :)

Miau

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2010, 01:52:41 PM »
Well the hex codes are not exactly computer-generated. Each code is based on the amount of red, green and blue contained in the color. White is "ffffff", meaning  255 255 255 in hexadecimal, that means it has the maximum amount of red, green and blue, while black should have been "000000", meaning that there is no color at all. So the black used in the game as a favorite color would be in fact a dark gray. That's funny.

Offline jmz95

• Immortal
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2010, 06:14:41 PM »
Well the hex codes are not exactly computer-generated. Each code is based on the amount of red, green and blue contained in the color. White is "ffffff", meaning  255 255 255 in hexadecimal, that means it has the maximum amount of red, green and blue, while black should have been "000000", meaning that there is no color at all. So the black used in the game as a favorite color would be in fact a dark gray. That's funny.

True, but it's not a number made up by the developers is what I meant. Though that is funny, why isn't black 000000? Unless, they're using the pigment colors, not the colors made by light.
"Yes, I try to pick up strange babies, but only in the game.  Don't judge me." - Pam
Too late, Pam. Too late.

Offline SimMe

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2010, 06:15:42 PM »
This is awesome! I was wondering what the heck spice brown was when I saw it as one of my sim's favorite colors.  I'll have to make some modifications to his bedroom now.

anything