Author Topic: Sims stuck in Bed  (Read 11050 times)

Rahjan

Sims stuck in Bed
« on: November 10, 2010, 07:17:20 AM »
Hi, I've got a big problem with my legacy.

Game went well till one night (all Sims asleep) when one of the characters got to work emergency in hospital suddenly all of my sims (6 total) in the house suddenly slept "inside" their beds. Graphically they appear to be lying inside the frame of the beds, all actions (including sleeping) where canceled and every new action I told them to do was canceled to.

Working a bit around I was able to get most of them out of the bed by the "take a nap" option which led them stand up but one of my family now was stuck in her night table.

The ResetSim cheat worked for all but the mother who now was lying in the air near the bed. All others I could give orders, but she was unable to receive any. Despite from that aber telling my Sims to go back to bed, they just got the "lying inside" error again....

I got all Expansions including Late Night installed, no DLCs, game plays in Twinbrook (with a few Skyscrapers from Bridgeport) and was started after Ambitions came out (Fast Lane and Late Night were Later installed, until now no problems with older Legacy in newer expansion).

I am really desperate right now... it took me weeks to get this legacy to where it is now and I planned it to last and now all I seem to be able to do is start all over again. :(

greetings
Rahjan

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Sims stuck in Bed
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 07:20:52 AM »
Rahjan, first welcome to the forum. Thanks for joining us. :)

If the ResetSim cheat did not work, I'm assuming you also tried shutting down your computer and restarting? If not, that fixes a lot of odd behavior.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Rahjan

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 08:07:42 AM »
Yes, already tried that. No change unfortunately. :(

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 11:18:41 PM »
I'm sorry, Rahjan.  I don't know what else to suggest.  Resetting your Sims should have done the trick and restarting the game should have settled them all down.  I had that same thing happen, but my resets and restart worked to fix it.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline TGBlank

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 11:30:41 PM »
The sims keep a backup of your last save (say, you save at 7 pm, then save at 8 pm, there will be a backup of the 7 pm save. If you save again, it will be overwritten with the 8 pm one and so on). Have you tried restoring it? (moving the current save to another folder and renaming the backup one)

Rahjan

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 05:37:10 AM »
I already tested it with another save (half a Sim day before) but no change.

Offline Crimson

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2010, 06:55:52 AM »
I know this might not help at all but worth a try. Try using the buy options on the bed or moveobjects on the sim. Also testing cheats on the ground and try teleporting.
anyone have a cybernations account message me at nation ruler is twelve

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline YolandaBlu

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2010, 08:48:20 AM »
I have had Sims stuck.  One thing that worked was to go to edit town mode, click on your home, split up family and pick stuck one to clip board (If a child  or teen is involved, you'll have to pick an adult,too).  Then when the stuck one is in the clipboard, place them back in your family.  Usually, everything is back to normal except maybe a few lost wishes.  I know that is against rules for Dynasty, but it does not change anything except to get the Sim unstuck.  Hope that helps.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2010, 09:13:02 AM »
I also had a sim keep getting stuck in the air and in the night stand.  I rearrange the bedroom, I made up a name for it, I call it dead air space.  That is when a sim gets stuck for no reason.  After I rearranged the bedroom, the sim did not get stuck anymore. I guess it was just a certain square.  I hope something works for you.  Is there by some chance do you have a basement that are under those rooms?  That is where I find the dead air space.  Just checking. Good luck. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Rahjan

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2010, 06:08:32 AM »
Thanks for trying but unfortunatly none of your tips helped.... trying to go into Buy Mode when after the bug happened let the game "crash", Interface was completely empty and clicking with mouse on any part of the world got me the usual sound but no options menu to click on.

I am giving up right now... before buying my new PC I had the game crashing on me when saving with a lot of error 16 and the like and now... i was happy to play my Legacy again for 2 weeks or so... and now they are trashed....

I tried to start a new Legacy but I don´t want to play in Bridgeport so I choose Barnacle Bay with quite a few Buildings from Bridgeport to enjoy the featrures of Late Night. But 2 Sim Weeks into the game it began lagging extremely. From my experience with my other save I can say, that it´s not a hardware or driver issue, so the only possibility is that somewhere there is a NPC stuck in an elevator or something. (bugged Item can be eliminated, got nothing in Inventory, family inventory or fridge)

But I just don´t have the nerves or energy to search for that one again.... I´ll just wait till the next patch or addon and hope something fixes my problems but until then, I give up... :(

Thank you all for trying to help but just... fed up right now...

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2010, 06:40:49 AM »
@Rahjan:

Are you running any third party custom content or any mods?  Also, when was the last time you did a clean reinstall and computer maintenance?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline TGBlank

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2010, 07:45:44 AM »
Rahjan:

I think it is possible to move sims when you have moveobjects on, need to check.

As a last resource that shouldn't be used frequently, if you really really want to save a family of stuck sims, you can try moving to a different neighborhood.

Also.. 2 sim weeks till trouble you say?. By any chance are you experiencing delays in sound effects or sound effects not playing at all?. If so, there's a very good chance that a bunch of npc sims turned their stereos/tvs and just left them on for days.

Rahjan

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2010, 10:23:32 AM »
No Custom Content, no Mods, PC is 4 weeks old, install of Sims on it is about 3 weeks old.

About the stereos.. any option to check that without looking into every house?

Offline TGBlank

• Occult
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2010, 10:38:59 AM »
As i mentioned before, if sound effects are getting delayed, particularly when speeding up, there's a high likeness that it's happening. (For me, when it happened bad, i sometimes had no sound effects at all for a minute or two, particularly when speeding up, then ALL OF THEM would play at the same time at some point after pausing and things would somewhat recover).
Still, it's good practice that whenever you visit a house or lot for some reason, to turn off their music/tv before leaving... or outright steal/break them with a klepto/technophobe/simbot or something

DISCLAIMER: Stereo/TV causing audio slowdown and general game slowliness problem is entirely unrelated to sims-getting-stuck problem.

Videocard overheating can also cause slowdowns and bugs, have you changed your video card config so it forces vsync and triple buffering for the sims 3 and each of it's expansions?, doing that greatly reduces the strain on the card, and thus, the heat it produces.

sth128

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2011, 05:28:53 PM »
Hi all, new user here. Yes I know this is an old thread but I've encountered this problem repeatedly since the newest patch. Thought I'd share my solution here.

If your sims are stuck in bed, do the following:

1. Save your game as is (with stuck sims and everything).
2. Exit to main menu then reload the game.
3. You should see your sims stuck standing in bed now.
4. Use resetsim on all stuck sims.
5. Your game should now run normally.

If you're unlucky, the game might get stuck above the house with no interface seen. This could happen if one of your sims actually got stuck outside the house (instead of stuck in bed). Have no fear:

1. Press tab and see if you accidentally turned off the interface. If not then exit the game.
2. Go to: My Documents \ Electronic Arts \ The Sims 3
3. Locate scriptCache.package and delete the file.
4. Start the game as you normally would.
5. Load your game and follow step 3 from the first list above.

That's all the wisdom I have to impart. If none of the above steps fix your game, I recommend restoring an earlier save and export your sims and continue from there (Edit Town > Evict > Save to Template)... Note that you'd lose your charisma stats (# of friends, jokes told, etc.; skill levels will maintain).