Author Topic: Cloning Objects For Dummies  (Read 42922 times)

Leto85

Cloning Objects For Dummies
« on: December 22, 2010, 06:59:41 PM »
I never saw a topic like this, so I assume nobody is aware of it.
Yes, you can actually clone objects, and this is beyond the power of Buy Mode. I assume all of you World Adventures players do have at least one very high value bottle of nectar (or maybe 100) and I can imagine that the most of you will get warm fuzzies feelings when thinking about having multiple of those.

Before I start this, if anyone still doesn't understand anything of this method, don't hesitated to let me know. I than will at photos to this topic, if I know how.

What you need to do this are both World Adventures and Ambitions. I'm sorry for the people who don't have one of those packs, but that means even more reason to get them! :D

1 Place the smallest lot you can find somewhere in your town. (The smallest is the best because it reduces saving and render time for your computer.)

2 Enter that lot in buy mode and place one chest (that comes with World Adventures). you need to have buyDebug on to be able to place more chests (Or you can have your sim travel to the other areas, like Egypt, and buy like 10 chests there, so they can put them in the lots they bought).

3 No go to your Sims household who has valuable objects such as gems, nectar or whatever art think you want to clone.

4 Let them buy the lot with the chest and pay the lot a visit.

5 Open the chest and place your valuable objects in it. Nectar needs to go in the chest too and NOT in a nectar rack. I will tell you later why.

6 Now go to Edit Town and copy the lot with the chest to the library.

7 Place a copy of that lot nearby the other lot so your Sim has quick access to it.

8 Let your Sim take the treasures of the lot they are in now and travel to the other lot.

9 Fill that chest with the treasures in your inventory. Now the chest has twice the objects as it used to have. If your precious chest contains, for example, 1 bottle of nectar, the chest your have put your nectar in now must contain 2 exact same bottles of nectar.

10 Go back to Edit Town and delete in the library the previous saved lot. Copy the one your Sim has added objects to into the library.

11 Now place this newly added lot nearby where your Sim is.

12 Now let your Sim take out the treasures of the chest of the lot you've saved to the library and let him travel to the new lot.

13 You're probably feeling it coming and yes it is: repeat steps 8 through 12 as much as you want. You will easily get a lot of nectar this way in steps from 1, 2, 4, 6, 8 and beyond.

Now, the reason I said you even have to put the bottles of nectar into a chest instead of a nectar rack is because it reduces the amount of tedious work while clicking on all the nectar racks to get the nectar into your inventory while you also could just have to do one single click on the chest containing the nectar to get all the nectar into your inventory at once. Simple as that.

One thing you have to be aware of, don't wait too long with buying the newly added lot for you Sim. Once you wait some time, the game will add the total value of all the nectar in the chest to the total worth of the lot itself and that can become quickly a lot of money.
Once the value reaches $1.000.000,- dollars you're out of luck. No family can buy out that lot, no matter how rich they are.

Success guys (and girls). Let me know your performance! ;)

Written by Leto85, improved by Naga.

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
Re: Cloning objects For Dummies
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 07:23:01 PM »
That is an amazing find, indeed! Although it is kinda cheating, in my opinion, and if it's just for the money you could just familyFunds or whatever. Still, it is quite useful for stuff that can't be bought... Cloning vampire fishes (fertilizer), special seeds, metals or gems so that you can get 8 of them and make them bigger with transfiguring, cloning hard-to-find metals (that's you, woohooium), etc.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 07:25:45 PM »
Interesting. Sounds similar to a Diablo II exploit I'm quite familiar with.

Leto85

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 07:08:20 PM »
Interesting. Sounds similar to a Diablo II exploit I'm quite familiar with.

Really? Now you've made me curious. But talking about Diablo II would maybe be way to much off topic to talk about here I am afraid.
But in comparison with the cloning thing in The Sims 3 I still hope you can say something. You wouldn't even get off topic if you do, haha! ;)

As for you Naga, I will improve this topic probably next monday. I am aware of the fact that some information is missing so I can really use that e-mail you've send to me to improve the subject.
And who knows, maybe I will put your name underneath it also. ;)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2010, 07:28:44 PM »
I personally use a different exploit: Saving the household of a Sim who has the items in her inventory (or family inventory), placing seven or eight copies of said household on one lot, then kicking out most of the extra Sims so all the items go into one Sim's inventory. It works pretty well if you don't mind your neighbourhood being full of clones, but I can only be bothered to use it for unique things like still-life paintings or photographs.

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2010, 07:54:39 PM »
To get rid of those clones, you could either move them all out and then change the neighborhood of your "real" household, or move them all out using Evict from Edit Town and then not placing them anywhere.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2010, 07:58:42 PM »
Usually I just save the final household without saving the neighbourhood, so clones aren't ever a problem. Thanks for your suggestions though Naga, I just mentioned the clones as a humourous side-effect.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline danefaith

• Top Secret
  • Occult
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2010, 12:49:09 AM »
testingcheatsenabled true, shift click + clone object.

Its actually very useful beyond just cloning objects to sell.  The cloned object will carry all of the items little intricacies: say it be a light fixture with a custom color and brightness, or an electric trap with a (3,3) firing interval.  Takes the leg work out of making multiple items to the same specifications.

Oh, sweet irony, deliver me from coincidence.

Please feel free to utilize any of my builds in any of your stories and so forth.

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2010, 12:57:00 AM »
I used testingcheats to clone a treasure chest before, turns out stuff got more buggy than profitable. If you take any of the items from the cloned chest, and somehow put them together with the original chest's items, they overlap each other, getting really buggy.

Example: you want to clone a Heart-shaped Vampire's Eye. Put one in a chest, clone chest with testingcheats. If both of those gems meet each other, say in a sim's inventory, or in a chest, or whereever, they will "become 1 item only".

For that reason and a few others, using Leto's method is much better.

Offline danefaith

• Top Secret
  • Occult
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2010, 01:30:22 AM »
Then I'll stick to proliferating life threatening fire traps with it.  ;D

Oh, sweet irony, deliver me from coincidence.

Please feel free to utilize any of my builds in any of your stories and so forth.

Leto85

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2010, 02:24:22 PM »
All the above methods I've tried before also. And although all of them will give what you wanted, if you actually try mine you will see that this method is a lot less timeconsuming than any other method I've tried. No clones, the only downside (it could be a downside) is that you have to own World Adventures and Ambitions also.

Offline athena

• Occult
Re: Cloning Objects For Dummies
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2011, 11:05:36 PM »
I just read this post. I had indeed cloned whole families and their houses without my intention to clone objects, I am a save fanatic because I've got the phobia that my created Sims will disappear from some bug of the program. (Happened to me in Sims 1 and 2 due to file crashing) since then Ive made copies of my Sims in the bin just in case. The Sim cloning helped me when BP crashed the first time I installed it, and the practice also helped me when SV decayed, I had to create a new SV with clones of its citizens. The procedure is tedious just for the sake of cloning objects though. :(

Leto85

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2011, 04:38:08 AM »
Just to note this, I haven't find a way to clone books (without the omniplant method that now seems to be bugged).

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2011, 09:19:56 PM »
I was curious about the not being able to clone books bit because I'm keeping some books in my chest.

My laptop doesn't like anything else running at the same time, so I wasn't able to double-check your instructions when trying this out in-game.  So I ended up evicting my sim and saving the house (which contained a chest with books, relics and jewels - ahar pirate treasure me 'arties).  I placed a copy of the house down as a residential lot and then another copy as a small park/community lot.

My sim bought the new house and found in the chest all the books... so you can clone books using your method.  (Along with misc relics and jewels.)  

He also visited the new park.  The chest, complete with books, was available for him in the park too - which is possibly a way around having to buy the lot each time you increase the value.  

This is a very sneaky 'trick' of yours Leto (& Naga)  ;)

Leto85

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2011, 10:27:26 AM »
@Gheez, I am really surprised that you've succeeded in cloning books. Because in my game I seem to just don't be able to put books in a chest. Those where books that my sim got from his military career. I want to collect them all, double collect them all. But cloning those books didn't work. Did you maybe did something that I haven't included in this topic? I might need to rewrite it again.