Author Topic: Heart Vine & Birds Pattern by Gheez  (Read 11868 times)

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
Heart Vine & Birds Pattern by Gheez
« on: March 01, 2011, 09:14:53 PM »
These patterns can be found under Miscellaneous.  

Dove Vine Light and Dove Vine Dark are the same pattern with different coloured backgrounds.  Bird Vine uses a slightly different heart vine.

** Additional coloured backgrounds, with individually recolourable heart leaves, vine and birds, have now been added.  Click here. **

*** A version with a recolourable background can be found here ***

Hope that you like them.

Dove Vine Light

The heart vine is the favourite roosting place of the dove.  Though the white background cannot be changed the colour of the heart vine and of each dove may be altered, separately.

Possibly a good wallpaper for a wedding chapel or bedding for a honeymoon suite.

Dove Vine Dark

Two doves perch on a heart vine against a charcoal grey background. The colour of the vine and each bird may be changed, individually.

This pattern may make a striking feature wall.

Bird Vine

Small tropical birds always seek out the heart vine to rest during their annual migration to sunnier climes.  Again each bird and the vine can be separately coloured, though the background colour will remain constant.

I have spent far too long playing around with this pattern.  My favourite is the last pattern but with the vine shaded a sunset orange.  I'm not sure that I'd have it in my house but I like seeing it in my Sim's house.

I couldn't find a way to make the background colour selectable and thus changeable so, if any of you like the pattern but don't like any of the background colours, then you're very welcome to request a specific background colour.  Please, if possible, provide me with the hex code of the specific colour that you would like.  Thanks.

EDITED 7 March 2011:  A version where you can select the colour of the background, the colour of the vine and each bird is available now - please click here.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
Re: Heart Vine & Birds Pattern by Gheez
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 01:32:02 AM »
I really like the Dove Vine Light one. It's gorgeous.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 06:15:50 AM »
Thanks so much. All of them are amazingly beautiful. I like every pattern.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 02:35:51 PM »
Black, white and red please.  Black background, white doves, white vines, red leaves.  Black background, everything else white, black background everything else red.   Hmmm, might be nice for cyan too.  I absolutely adore this pattern and use black, red and white a lot. 
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 04:56:22 PM »
Thank you all, I'm glad that you like the pattern.

Joria, I've amended the pattern and added hearts that can be separately recoloured from the vine.  Now it is possible to recolour individually the heart leaves, the vine, the big dove and the little dove.  Hope that you'll find these useful:

Hearts D Vine - Dark

Black background, white doves (with a tinge of grey), white vine and red hearts.  The hearts have a paler pattern on them but can be recoloured to make that paler part appear less pink.

Hearts D Vine - Cyan

The background is coloured cyan, using the hex code #00FFFF.  I preferred the vine a pale pink, rather than leaving it bright white - though of course you may recolour any of the elements in your game.

Hearts D Vine

I thought that I would share another white background, as now all the elements, including the heart leaves, may be recoloured separately.

Hearts D Vine - Gilden

The on-site spell checker tells me that 'gilden' is not a word or is misspelled - I rather thought it was but I couldn't think of a term to describe the background colour on this variation of the Hearts D Vine pattern - at times it appears gold but at others, sand. Hope you like it.

All of the elements in the pattern, bar the background, can now be recoloured separately - each bird, the vine and the heart leaves - as can be seen on the far right in the picture.  (Apologies for the quality of the cropped in-game screenshot.)

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
Amazing additions, Gheez. Thank you so much. I'm definitely going to use these in my Dynasty house.  :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Jancy

• Occult
Gheez this is beautiful. Just downloaded. Love it. 
Can you tell me how you set it up in CAP to allow all elements to be recolored?  Are they just on separate layers?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
Thanks for the compliments. I'm so pleased that you all like them.

Gheez this is beautiful. Just downloaded. Love it. 
Can you tell me how you set it up in CAP to allow all elements to be recolored?  Are they just on separate layers?

You're correct, Jancy. They are all on separate layers, I covered over the original hearts on the heart vine with hearts that EA provided in their patterns in CAP.  I thought that putting them all on separate layers would add more versatility and customisation options in game.

I wish I knew how to make the background recolourable. I've tried adding a square of colour on a layer but that seems to leave the pattern with faint lines (of the square) and didn't give a perfect, solid colour - at least in CAP it did, hmm, may try again and see what it looks like in game.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
I wish I knew how to make the background recolourable. I've tried adding a square of colour on a layer but that seems to leave the pattern with faint lines (of the square) and didn't give a perfect, solid colour - at least in CAP it did, hmm, may try again and see what it looks like in game.

Try going into Paint and making a solid square of colour, then loading it in CAP as a sticker (there's a button on the left that lets you do so). You can then put it on the bottom layer to make a recolourable background, using the stencil option to get even better colouring options. The downside is that it only leaves you with three other layers, but it's totally worth it in my opinion. I use this method for all of my recolourable patterns and they turned out fine  :).

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
Thanks Ausette, I'll give that a try.  (The square I'd tried before was the one provided in CAP and that has rounded edges and it just didn't work right.)  Your tip should cut down the amount of time I take in CAP - I'll instead spend loads of time dithering in game - Sometimes I can be so indecisive  ;D

Offline Jancy

• Occult
Thank you both,  I have tried it both ways, on the very bottom layer which is background color, also the tried the layer above it.  It doesn't always seem to work out as all re-colorable for some reason. And adding on separate layers above. I have a plain black background I made in Elements which is 256 by 256, imported into cap.  To make a perfect square in the middle in CAP W 256  H 256   X 128   Y 128
@Ausette when you say bottom layer is it the very bottom which is background? Or the first bottom layer?

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
@Ausette when you say bottom layer is it the very bottom which is background? Or the first bottom layer?

It's the first layer you can put stickers onto. Here:

Offline Jancy

• Occult
Thank you Ausette  That is what I am doing and I find that it isn't always re-colorable for me in game hmmm.
Do you leave it on sticker mode (fill color) or stencil mode (fill on the layer) when exporting or does it not make a difference?

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
I always put it in stencil unless I absolutely must keep the detail. It looks sharper and seems so recolour more cleanly in-game.  ;D

Offline Jancy

• Occult
Thank you - will try then again - back to more experimenting!
Sorry for hijacking your thread here Gheez

anything