Author Topic: Making a Small Picture With The Create A Pattern Tool  (Read 2896 times)

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
Making a Small Picture With The Create A Pattern Tool
« on: June 07, 2011, 12:08:37 AM »
It's possible to give the appearance of having a small painting on the wall using CAP:

It only looked 'right'* on the panelled wall, as can be seen in the picture.  Please excuse the plumbob but I wanted to include a sim to give you some idea of perspective.

The white picture frame clipart I used doesn't work/doesn't look like a proper picture frame but it does serve to illustrate where you need to place your 'picture' in order to fit into the appropriate place on the panelled wall: virtually in the same place as you need to put it when creating a t-shirt pattern.

I put a recolourable background as the first layer. Added the picture as a second layer and finally the frame as a third layer.  In game, I chose the panelled wall, and added the picture pattern.  Then took a second wall and gave it a plain background of a colour that matched the background to my fake picture (in this case, white.)

It's placed quite high on the wall but I liked the effect, especially in the case of the kitten picture.

Hope this is useful.

* I think I missed another wall section that is divided into three castable areas. I looked but couldn't seem to spot it.  Any idea which section it's in?

EDIT:  I've asked that question before and the answer is that it is in the Wall Sets section and came with Late Night - Twinmum told me in this thread and even provided pictures. Thanks again.

Offline Chopsticks

• Townie
Re: Making a Small Picture With The Create A Pattern Tool
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 04:02:05 PM »
I love it! I can't wait to use this in my games.
"Doors are for people with no imagination" - Derek Landy

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
Re: Making a Small Picture With The Create A Pattern Tool
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 05:03:38 PM »
Wow, it looks awesome. Thanks for sharing, Gheez! :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

anything