Author Topic: Transfiguration with the display case  (Read 16126 times)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Transfiguration with the display case
« on: May 21, 2010, 11:53:08 AM »
In the thread on making money via self-employment, there were posts about using the display case.  Some of those ideas involved placing more than one ingot in the upper left position on the case.  I am practicing for the Collecting challenge and can't figure out how to put more than one item in each slot - can someone tell me how to do this?  Thanks!

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
Re: Transfiguration with the display case
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 01:21:33 PM »
Put one ingot on that spot. Take up another ingot and click on that previous ingot and it should stack.
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 10:00:58 PM »
I can't get the second ingot to stay - it just bounces back to the inventory or the floor, or wherever it was.  I'm obviously doing something wrong, but what?

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 02:55:49 AM »
Try shifting the camera around to different positions, closer, further away, etc.  Sometimes it's a little tricky getting them to stack, but if you keep trying from different angles you should get it to work.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010, 10:07:18 AM »
You are right, usually I just put the silly thing on the floor and get them to stack if I am going to display them or take a couple at a time to put them on display case.  It is tricky sometimes and then other times, goes right on there.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline dannyr783

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2010, 01:32:52 PM »
I had the same problem, until i started stacking them in buy mode. Put 8 on display, and 1 on floor, then go to buy mode and stack the one on the floor. It snaps a lot easier.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 11:29:15 PM »
Is there a different outcome from the 8 item display case to the 10 item display case?  Was just wondering, might be interesting to find out.  I do have someone that has both and does quite a bit of collecting, maybe I will try some things, but was thinking that maybe someone else might know.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline malteser60

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2010, 05:41:08 AM »
Is there a different outcome from the 8 item display case to the 10 item display case?

I was wondering that myself. I don't think so though, however I haven't verified this. Unless the price of the transfigured object is higher in the 10 display case due to their being two more objects.

I started off using the 10 display case until I realised the 8 display also transfigured. I was like, doh! I've been wasting two more items each time!

Leto85

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2010, 11:05:38 AM »
Is there a different outcome from the 8 item display case to the 10 item display case?

I was wondering that myself. I don't think so though, however I haven't verified this. Unless the price of the transfigured object is higher in the 10 display case due to their being two more objects.

I started off using the 10 display case until I realised the 8 display also transfigured. I was like, doh! I've been wasting two more items each time!

I don't really think you were wasting them. Because there are also items (like bottles of nectar) that you can get which depends highly on the total value of the objects that you've placed on it. So obviously it should be clear that two extra objects will bring extra value to the total sum.

Offline Delgar

• Townie
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2010, 07:57:38 AM »
I've been testing the display case for my collector challenge and I can't get the formula listed in the transfiguration guide to work to get the large supernovium ingot.

I place all the same ingots (either platinum or irridium) on the display case, and stack extra's in the left corner as the guide suggests. I have done this numerous times, with even more ingots stacked then suggested. And I've never gotten a Large Supernovium. Am I doing something incorrectly? Does my display case need to be in a basement? Or is this formula no longer successful with the new expansion?

Offline TommyT

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2010, 08:14:40 AM »
I've had the same experience Delgar.  I need to do more testing to be sure but I'm wondering if it's a result of the Ambitions patch.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2010, 08:20:09 PM »
Same for me.  Looks like it was a bug that EA has fixed.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Calgary_Rose

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2010, 03:11:14 PM »
I just finished some post-Ambitions testing.  Here are the results, all using the 2 & 7 method:

Small Platinum--Large Platinum & Large Compendium
Small Palladium--Large Palladium & Large Iridium
Small Silver--Large Silver & Large Plutonium
Small Gold--Large Gold & Large Iron
Small Iron--Large Iron & Large Iridium
Small Supernovium--Large Supernovium & Large Compendium

I didn't have enough of the other metals to test them, and I'm still not sure if I have to stack two large mercury ingots or if I can get away with just one and seven vials. 

ETA:  I still need to stack two mercury ingots, but I somehow got small mercury ingots in my Sim's inventory.

Small Mercury Ingots (2) & Mercury Vials (7)--Large Mercury & Large Platinum
Large Mercury Ingots (2) & Mercury Vials (7)--Large Mercury, Large Platinum, & Large Iron

Offline TommyT

• Occult
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2010, 01:34:11 AM »
I got a large palladium from I think titanium but I'm not 100%, I'll go back and check

Offline Delgar

• Townie
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2010, 06:15:35 AM »
I don't have a comprehensive list but it also changes when you go 4+7 but I didn't notice a difference if you go 6+7. Also I believe there are ways to produce Fluorite and Woohoium, I'm not sure about these yet as I haven't tried.

anything