Author Topic: Fun Seed Hunting in Twinbrook  (Read 30212 times)

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
Fun Seed Hunting in Twinbrook
« on: June 16, 2010, 12:36:45 PM »
For those of you who like challenging treasure hunts, the developers have practically made a mini-game of looking for Special Seeds in Twinbrook without a Collection Helper. The seeds are most abundant at the (I guess you'd call them) mudflats in the marshy area near the bridges, opposite the main town. Those big white seeds definitely don't stand out like they do on bright green grass. In fact, they congregate under trees, amongst tall, non-vanishing reeds and grasses, and to top it all off, there's usually ground fog obscuring the view. Finally found a seed? Nope, it's usually Unknown Rares or Uncommons, not the Special ones that yield Money Trees, Deathflowers, Life Fruits, or Flame Fruits. The Special ones are there, but they're few and may not spawn until another day.

I've also noticed that the 5 or 6 seeds that spawn outside the graveyard are most usually not Special Seeds, and need to be checked frequently to find one.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
Re: Fun Seed Hunting in Twinbrook
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 01:10:52 PM »
Yup, I was just experiencing this the other day.  They did not make it easy that's for sure!  I found the largest concentration of special seeds around the graveyard and also at that amphitheater looking park near the army base.  There are also special seeds in the foggy part of town, but I HATE searching among the weeds!  Such a pain!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 02:47:12 PM »
Isn't that amphitheater area beautiful? Well done, EA!
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 03:15:56 PM »
What's the point of the amphitheater? By the way, I noticed that it has the same name as my neighborhood!  ;D
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 10:33:00 PM »
Great information on the locations of seeds.  I'm sure lots of members will find this useful.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 11:02:15 PM »
I went back and checked around the amphitheater, and got a couple of Specials. Thanks for the tip!

It's still kind of fun in an obsessive sort of way, to hunt for seeds in the mud.   :-[

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 12:00:58 AM »
Even with the Collection Helper it's not that easy.  Cause you gotta zoom in close and click between grass blades.  Ugh....

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

dragonic2020

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 03:55:58 PM »
So much helpful information. Thanks!

Can we update the Collecting Guide with Twinbrook maps with the spawn locations we've gathered?
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/skills/collecting/maps.php

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 08:38:38 PM »
Welcome to the Forum, dragonic2020!

I'm sure Carl will do maps of Twinbrook like he did for the other locations.  Probably with tags from the Collection Helper.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Mrs.Laphalot

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2010, 07:13:16 PM »
There are also special seeds in the foggy part of town, but I HATE searching among the weeds!  Such a pain!

Did you know that you can use the world editor to remove those weeds?  ;D  It sure makes getting those seeds much easier  :P  The world editor will allow you to remove world trees, decorations, and the swamp grasses as well as place and remove lots. Just zoom in on the tall grasses, when the 'hand' icon is over it, click then you can hit the delete key to remove it from the area. Just a note on this though, the swamps do look a bit awkward if too many are removed.  :o

MaryMary

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2010, 08:45:10 AM »
The amphitheater is the very best spot I have found.  I got four special seeds there in one hunt.  And it was way easier to find them than searching through marsh grasses.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2010, 12:34:28 PM »
Agreed!

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2010, 05:35:04 PM »
Strange thing about seeds, or what I have found in mine anyway.  I will find 5 to 6 special seeds one day.  Go back the next day, same two spots and maybe, if I am lucky, get 1 or 2.  About once a week, I have managed to hit pay dirt.  I guess that is just the way the seed rolls.  haha.  Never said I was a comedian, lol.

Good thing is, when your money trees start going and you get enough, they will drop seeds all the time.  I found six one time and then maybe one a day for a while and then six more, so that is pretty neat.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Frey

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2010, 04:44:24 PM »
What do you mean by amphitheater? Yes, I know what an amphitheater is, but I just don't see any of them in Twinbrook?  And my collection helper doesn't show me many seeds around the army base either.  ???

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2010, 06:22:07 PM »
There's a park in Twinbrook that looks like an outdoor amphitheater with a stage and terraces around in a circle that look like it could be seating.