Author Topic: Toddler Races  (Read 19324 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Toddler Races
« on: August 01, 2010, 05:48:45 AM »
One of the things I like to do when I have multiple toddlers is have Toddler Races.  I set them up and have them toddle across the yard or the house if there's enough room.  I captured a Toddler Race on video last night.  This is Macy, Morri, and Maggie Brillhart racing down the upstairs hallway of the Landgraab Mansion.  ;D

(This is my first time posting a video, so I'm not certain it will work.  Click the image to watch the video.)

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline MasterSiwel

• Occult
  • Family Man
Re: Toddler Races
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 06:07:18 AM »
One of the things I like to do when I have multiple toddlers is have Toddler Races.  I set them up and have them toddle across the yard or the house if there's enough room.  I captured a Toddler Race on video last night.  This is Macy, Morri, and Maggie Brillhart racing down the upstairs hallway of the Landgraab Mansion.  ;D

(This is my first time posting a video, so I'm not certain it will work.  Click the image to watch the video.)

Wow, that's funny, lol. I like the video, however it could use a little music in the background for more enjoyement. Good job for your first video.
"Go home and be a family man!"
-Guile

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 06:34:14 AM »
Thanks.  I don't know how to add music, unfortunately.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline MasterSiwel

• Occult
  • Family Man
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2010, 06:40:55 AM »
Thanks.  I don't know how to add music, unfortunately.

You could use windows movie maker, or you could use some other program. Not sure either and haven't really dealt with video editing software since my windows movie maker on my old computer kept on messing the sound quality.
-Guile

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2010, 08:09:46 AM »
How did you set it up? Did you use moveobjects to put them in the starting positions? Then told them to 'go here'? Why did some stop if they were following a command? Interesting. :)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2010, 08:10:35 AM »
That was cute.  You can add music right from your sims3 page.  I just learned and it is pretty neat.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline MasterSiwel

• Occult
  • Family Man
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2010, 08:44:57 AM »
That was cute.  You can add music right from your sims3 page.  I just learned and it is pretty neat.
Can you add your own custom music? That would help me greatly!
-Guile

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2010, 09:25:13 AM »
One way is if you have an account on sims3 site.  If you go to "my page" then "movies", any movies that you have made from sims3 is in that folder.  You drag whichever file you want to the appropriate section.  Then you go down to the next section for the audio.  It has tabs and is pretty self explanitory.  I know there are other ways to do videos, I would really like to learn and get into that aspect.  You can also put whatever you do on the exchange from that same page.

Offline MasterSiwel

• Occult
  • Family Man
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2010, 09:31:42 AM »
One way is if you have an account on sims3 site.  If you go to "my page" then "movies", any movies that you have made from sims3 is in that folder.  You drag whichever file you want to the appropriate section.  Then you go down to the next section for the audio.  It has tabs and is pretty self explanitory.  I know there are other ways to do videos, I would really like to learn and get into that aspect.  You can also put whatever you do on the exchange from that same page.
No I was asking if you could put your own music like "Pokemon theme" for a lack of a better song.
-Guile

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2010, 09:33:56 AM »
How did you set it up? Did you use moveobjects to put them in the starting positions? Then told them to 'go here'? Why did some stop if they were following a command? Interesting. :)

I turn freewill off and just send them to the point where I want them to start.  Once they are in place, I push pause and give them the spot they are to toddle to.  After all spots are set, I unpause the game and they all start.  Hehe.

They stopped during the race only because they fell down.  But they got back up again and made it to the finish line.  Seriously, this just cracks me up every time I do it.  My husband watches the Toddler Races with me and we both just laugh and laugh.  :D

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2010, 09:42:11 AM »
No I was asking if you could put your own music like "Pokemon theme" for a lack of a better song.

Well, I am sure you can upload your own music and use it.  It is done all of the time.  I play the sims, but never have done anything like that, but it can be done. You can upload your own music in the sims folder and play it on their stereo in game, but I have not gotten brave enough yet.

Offline MasterSiwel

• Occult
  • Family Man
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2010, 09:50:29 AM »
Well, I am sure you can upload your own music and use it.  It is done all of the time.  I play the sims, but never have done anything like that, but it can be done. You can upload your own music in the sims folder and play it on their stereo in game, but I have not gotten brave enough yet.
I've done that, nothing bad happens. I put a song called Hai Ne Ne (a gypsy song) on the radio because... It was so darn catchy that I could really resist. Anways I meant trying to upload it using the sims 3 movie maker.
-Guile

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2010, 09:53:52 AM »
Now, let's not get too far off topic here.  Y'all are supposed to be telling me how cute and creative and clever my Toddler Races are!  ;D

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2010, 09:56:50 AM »
They are adorable Pam!! Really, they are.   ;D  Sorry, got carried away.  It was mastersiwel's fault, hehe.

The park would be a good place to have races too, that would wear them out.  Bet they would sleep good then.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2010, 09:58:05 AM »
Have you tried putting obstacles in front of them? Lol :)