Author Topic: LN Clubs in Sunset Valley  (Read 26951 times)

Ripster3859

LN Clubs in Sunset Valley
« on: December 20, 2010, 12:05:07 AM »
My sim has a wish that will pop up occasionally to visit a night club or bar, though Sunset Valley is lacking these locations. How can I place them?

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
Re: LN Clubs in Sunset Valley
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 12:06:28 AM »
Edit Town. There's no lots big enough for them, so you'll have to use the World Editor.
Formerly Simstar3

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 01:16:13 AM »
I used the area around Pinocle Point to place the clubs.  As Simstar said, you have to use Edit Town from the Main Menu.  Then use World Editor to place lots that are big enough for the clubs.  You will find the clubs themselves on the Show Community Lots tab.  Here's a screenshot of my Sunset Valley with most of the clubs placed.  Pinocle Pond is at the top center of the shot.  The Goth mansion and cemetary are in the upper left corner, to give you an idea of what you're looking at.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 01:47:53 PM »
I take it that placing all 9 LN clubs is necessary to complete the Mixology challenge to learn all of the 42 special drinks (for the skill challenge)?  Or has it been tested to see if there is only one club in town can all the drinks be learned from that club?  Or is there another way to get around it (learning from home bar or on vacation)? 
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 02:30:17 PM »
Pam, I used the same area, and by moving junkyard across the graveyard, I was able to place all 9 of them in that area. I also posted the exact size of all LN lots to make it easier.
EDIT: I just counted 9 bars in your pics, but you wroted "most of the clubs" so what is missing?

tjsmetana, you can place bar in gym and there you can learn few drinks. Also, if you don't want to place LN lots you can always change lot type in edit town. For example, if you place bar in Central Park, and change lot type to vampire lounge, you will be able to order drinks find in Plasma 501. Myxologist will show up in open hours when Plasma is open (I'm not shore when, but there is an info about that in building thread too). After learning vampire drinks, you can switch lot type into sport bar and so on, until you learn enough of drinks.
If you are talking about dynasty game where you can't edit town like that, there is enough information in guide, practically all drinks are listed and there is more than 60 of them, but for that challenge you need 49 if I can remember, so you don't need all of LN building.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2010, 02:56:19 PM »
Pam, I used the same area, and by moving junkyard across the graveyard, I was able to place all 9 of them in that area. I also posted the exact size of all LN lots to make it easier.
EDIT: I just counted 9 bars in your pics, but you wroted "most of the clubs" so what is missing?

tjsmetana, you can place bar in gym and there you can learn few drinks. Also, if you don't want to place LN lots you can always change lot type in edit town. For example, if you place bar in Central Park, and change lot type to vampire lounge, you will be able to order drinks find in Plasma 501. Myxologist will show up in open hours when Plasma is open (I'm not shore when, but there is an info about that in building thread too). After learning vampire drinks, you can switch lot type into sport bar and so on, until you learn enough of drinks.
If you are talking about dynasty game where you can't edit town like that, there is enough information in guide, practically all drinks are listed and there is more than 60 of them, but for that challenge you need 49 if I can remember, so you don't need all of LN building.

Thanks.  This is for the dynasty challenge (and I really wish EA had updated the towns because I don't like messing them up in Edit Town).  Do the named drinks they "create" while practicing at home (they have the expensive good bar) count for the 48?  I was practicing with one of the earlier spouses and didn't think about checking before she died but I know she created quite a few named drinks at home while leveling.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2010, 03:45:54 PM »
No they don't, there is another challenge to create 25 unique drinks, and another one is to learn popular drinks. In skill journal they are in separate categories too. If for dynasty, then use what Pam and most of us did, it doesn't look neat, but is functional:)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2010, 07:30:42 PM »
No they don't, there is another challenge to create 25 unique drinks, and another one is to learn popular drinks. In skill journal they are in separate categories too. If for dynasty, then use what Pam and most of us did, it doesn't look neat, but is functional:)
Yeah I was figuring that would be the end result.  Mixology is going to be done in generation 8 so I will place everything once that one is born (generation 7 is a toddler at the moment). 

Thanks for the confirmation.  :-*

mum2four

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2011, 05:13:14 PM »
I used the area around Pinocle Point to place the clubs.  As Simstar said, you have to use Edit Town from the Main Menu.  Then use World Editor to place lots that are big enough for the clubs.  You will find the clubs themselves on the Show Community Lots tab.  Here's a screenshot of my Sunset Valley with most of the clubs placed.  Pinocle Pond is at the top center of the shot.  The Goth mansion and cemetary are in the upper left corner, to give you an idea of what you're looking at.

Sorry to jump in but Pam............

WOW  :o you have done a brilliant job! I only found world editor yesterday but having problems because the ground is not level!  I am sure I will learn, hopefully quickly :)

anything