Author Topic: SimBot Hybrid  (Read 26358 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
SimBot Hybrid
« on: December 13, 2010, 06:12:57 AM »
This is the craziest thing I've ever seen in this game.  I think.

Ok, everyone knows that SimBots can't have children.  No baby SimBots.  However, a SimBot that one of my Dynasty Sims made was moved out of the house, married a paparazzi, and had a baby with her.  Their child is named Uriah Dreamweaver.  I thought he was a normal Sim that just turned up from some odd story progression, but my surgeon, Cinnamon, gave him (now a teen) medical assistance at the Bistro and I discovered that he walks and talks like a SimBot even though he looks like a normal Sim!  I got a video of it, but it's not very good, so I'll visit his house and get some better footage to post on Facebook hopefully tomorrow. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: SimBot Hybrid
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 08:35:00 AM »
Very interesting! I had something similar happen with mummies in my game once; my Sim was coming home from work when I noticed two random townies staggering around like zombies. After a few moments of pure freaked-outedness I realised that mummies walk in the same way. Neither of the Sims had any relatives, but there was a mummy elsewhere in town, so I assumed a bug allowed the mummy to "infect" others with its characteristics. I got some video footage, but I don't have anywhere to post it. Should I upload it to the official S3 site?

Back to Simbots, I've read about people who've used mods to breed them but I didn't realise Story Progression would spawn Simbot children autonomously. It's a bug, so Sims like Uriah would be exceeding rare (would there be any possibility of you uploading his household to the exchange when your Dynasty is finished?). Apparently there's a hidden 'Simbot' trait responsible for the robotic characteristics, and because the creators assumed that Simbots wouldn't reproduce they didn't add any mechanisms to prevent it from being passed on.  

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 11:08:25 AM »
WOW! That sounds awesome! Please post the video!
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 01:18:37 PM »
That really sounds like something they'll fix in a patch if anyone tell them...
Cool though. ;D
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Leto85

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 06:21:22 PM »
That really sounds like something they'll fix in a patch if anyone tell them...
Cool though. ;D

So pleasy don't! :O

Pam, this is way to cool! You are holding a cyborg in your neighbourhood. Please make him selectable once to see how his traits, skills and espesially his needs are. Does he eat scrap, food, or something in between? Does he need to stay out of the water, does he need to sleep, does he even can die?
And most of all: can he be turned into a vampire? That way you will have the benefit of both.
I'm sure Swede is interested in this too! :D

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2010, 06:30:30 PM »
I don't think she can. This is in the Dreamweaver game, and the household's already got 8 sims.
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2010, 07:55:46 PM »
WOW! That sounds awesome! Please post the video!

I'm not sure if you were talking to me or Pam, but I tried to upload the video of my mummy-Sim and couldn't figure it out. Here's a pic instead:

Gotta love that face.

I don't think she can. This is in the Dreamweaver game, and the household's already got 8 sims.

She's on the last generation, so if we're lucky Uriah might still be alive when she finishes. I guess there's other options, like befriending him and resurrecting him after the challenge. Or perhaps saving a backup file and coming back to it after the challenge.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2010, 08:04:45 PM »
What I'll do is save that household to the bin so that it will be available to place in other game files.  I have to use Edit Town to do that, but this is such a spectacular event that I'm going to allow myself to do that.  It won't change anything for my Dynasty challenge, so it will be ok.

I haven't gotten a great video yet and the family is now in Egypt for an extended vacation, so I went ahead and uploaded one of the videos I got of Cinnamon giving medical assistance to Uriah.  There's a lot of background noise with all of the other Sims making sounds, but you can hear Uriah's SimBot voice and you can see him walk near the end of the video.

SimBot Hybrid on Facebook

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2010, 11:54:43 PM »
What's that background blooping noise that started at around 0:25? I know I've heard it somewhere, but I can't remember where... ???
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2010, 12:59:36 AM »
What's that background blooping noise that started at around 0:25? I know I've heard it somewhere, but I can't remember where... ???

That's the SimLife Goggles.  Banana has a pair in her inventory and pulls them out all the time.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline IloveLlamas

• Llama Wrangler
  • Llamas spit on me once.
Pure Awesomeness!
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2010, 01:34:55 AM »
That is one of the coolest things Iv'e seen on Sims in a long time! Why not make a backup save and on that kill one of your Dream Weavers to have him live in your house? Or upload him to the exchange.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
Re: Pure Awesomeness!
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2010, 01:41:07 AM »
That is one of the coolest things Iv'e seen on Sims in a long time! Why not make a backup save and on that kill one of your Dream Weavers to have him live in your house? Or upload him to the exchange.

Oh, I wouldn't want him to live in the house.  SimBots are so annoying for me.  It will be good enough just to get him in the bin so I can place him in another file for testing.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline IloveLlamas

• Llama Wrangler
  • Llamas spit on me once.
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2010, 02:05:09 AM »
Really? I like simbots there good slaves for multi-generational households. Because they live so long. and it would be interesting to have a vampire simbot or mummy simbot finally hybrids!

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2010, 06:48:32 PM »
Oh wow Pam!! Leto told me about this, so I had to find this thread but I have to know how did this happen?? I didn't think it was possible! This is so awesome! Sorry, I think maybe I'm getting too excited, but right now I don't care! I tried to make a mummy vampire and failed miserably! I know this is the Dreamweavers, but I'm so ecstatic that you are going to save it to the library and find out more about this! This is amazing! Ok, I think I've calmed down a bit lol.  ;D ;D

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2010, 09:05:25 PM »
@Esther:

Go back and read the first post of this thread for an explanation of how it happened.  :)

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

anything