Author Topic: The Roygbiv Dynasty - Crashed and Failed  (Read 6274 times)

Offline simsissy

• Llama Wrangler
  • Cake! Some confections are immortal...
The Roygbiv Dynasty - Crashed and Failed
« on: March 19, 2011, 01:25:39 AM »
*I am a newbie to all this and I'm making this post to apologize ahead of time and also explain how I am doing this. I chose the name Roygbiv because I had been thinking about prisms and colors and rainbows and the name just popped in my head. There aren't quite 8 colors here, but there is red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet and if I get to generation eight then I think it will just go back to red, or they will be the rainbow child. The hair color reflects the family as well, it is red with orangeish/yellow highlights, green tips, and blue roots. The eyes reflect the Indigo/Violet aspect of things and each generation's founder or heir will wear the color the reflects their 'color' and everything they purchase will be that color so ultimately, the house is going to end up with many different colors all from this spectrum reflecting all the different generations. It seems a bit much, I know, but so far it has been fun.

The Roygbiv Dynasty
Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet...the full spectrum of immortals

Generation 1 - Red - Redeesha Roygibiv aka The Girl Who Loves Fish
Traits: Angler, Artistic, Green Thumb, Loves the Outdoors, Natural Cook
Favorites: Loves to eat Sushi, Loves Classical Music, Loves the Color Red
Lifelong Wish: Perfect Private Aquarium

Chapter One - The Introduction

Where I come from, everything is easy and free and the people run about well taken care of. Nobody is poor, everybody lives forever and people like me? Well I'm a Princess. Princess Redeesha of the royal Roygibiv family in the land of Prisia. My father decided that the family needed to be spread out a bit more, so one day...I woke up in a strange mirrored room being asked questions about everything and having all my fine jewels my tiara and everything taken away! I would never see my pet shark again. Ever again. But I was told that if I worked hard, and completed certain tasks that I'd regain my immortality and be able to pass on the skills to those who come after me.

So yes, I'm Redeesha. Yes, I love fish...oh I love the water. You'd think with how much I love being outside and I love fishing and eating fishy foods and of course cooking fishy foods with things grown in homegrown gardens that my favorite colors would be green or blue or something equally as naturific and marine. But no, I love red. I was born loving red. It represents passion, life, love...even happiness and it keeps me happy. So here I am...Redeesha, the 'founder' of the Barnacle Bay (I couldn't believe they dumped me here) Roygibivs. Life is just starting to get interesting...with the little bit of money, I had enough to get started. But you'd be surprised how quickly 1000 or so goes down just to make sure you can eat, sleep and bathe! Here is the Roygbiv mansion. And so my story begins.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: The Roygbiv Dynasty
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 01:49:13 AM »
Wow, she is beautiful!  I want that red hair.  :)

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Enjoy life and The Sims!
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 01:57:09 AM »

Welcome to the forum simsissy.  You are getting off to a good start on your Dynasty and Redeesha is beautiful.  I can't wait to see what happens next.  I'll be following along for all your generations to come.

Note:  I learned the colors of the rainbow when I was young with these very letters, well as a name anyway - Roy G. Biv.  Just wanted to let you know that the name of your Dynasty has brought back fond memories for me ;)

Read the Forum Rules, they were written for a reason!  
Visit the Sims 3 Swap Shop.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 03:48:37 AM »
Welcome to the forum!
And great start! I love her hair colour, and her "mansion" :D

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 04:23:50 AM »
Hello and welcome to the forum. I look forward to reading more.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 01:32:25 PM »
Welcome to the forum, simsissy! Great start on you Immortal Dynasty. Good luck building your Rainbow.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline simsissy

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Roygbiv Dynasty (Chapter 2 now up)
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 08:42:16 AM »
*Thank you all for your wonderful feedback. I've been having a few difficulties with settings and freezes and trying to figure out the best way to handle getting portraits (I just figured out you can't paint a portrait of yourself) but I'm sure it'll work out slowly but surely. For some reason these generations seems to be going sooooo sloooow. Anyhow, here's chapter 2 of the amazing Roy G Biv family (I'm glad I'm not the only person who learned colors like this)

Chapter 2 -A new life

I had everything I needed. A refrigerator, a toilet, a shower, a bed and for some reason the best part of everything was the fact that I finally got a table. A table meant I could sit and eat food! This was the most exciting part of my first day, words cannot express how amazingly awesome this was for me.

To calm down, I started to find the prime fishing spots in the Barnacle Bay city. With so much water, I was in Simmie Heaven, but for some reason there was still the annoying fact that the sound of water makes a person have to pee, all the time. I caught a cute minnow, and couldn't really celebrate for the fact that while I fish, I always have to pee, so if I look a little annoyed forgive me.

Life was good, I had a fridge stocked with bread and jam and after a long day of fishing and selling my fresh fish at the market, I'd come home to my...sparse scrap of land. I mean my 'mansion' and chow down on a delicious piece of bread with fruit jam spread on it. I needed a new way of making money, my profession was considered a professional Angler and if I was ever going to create the perfect aquarium I needed as much practice as possible, so I spent time meditating on my options as I ate my bread.

I even attempted to look to the skies to see if I could see or predict cool new places to fish or sell my fish. I got a little smarter and also saw some shocking things in other people's houses but I'm a Princess and a Lady so I will never tell.

I'd stay out late at night, just fishing away, fishing as much as possible for hourse...bladder and personal hygiene sacrificed to find some flippery creatures to sell! What people do with goldfish...I willnever know, apparently they eat them. I cannot think about this too much or I start to feel bad for all the little Goldies.

Money was coming in slowly, surely yes, but slowly and after paying my bills I noticed days were ticking by. So I invested time and energy in visiting the local consignment shop and coming to an agreement with the owner to practice drawing out plans and making sketches to create some type of direction in my life. It turns out you can actually sell sketches, not for much, but it was enough to start building up my pocket change.

I got new room mates in the form of dirty plates and flies and I knew I had to search the papers for some type of help. I found none but I decided to spend some of my fragile funds for the ultimate upgrade...

I sold a couple of sketches and many fish to finally be able to afford a lovely sink to wash dishes in and I put proof of my sacrifices up in the form of one of my first sketches. Just for a little proof that it was through working with my arms and pencil I was able to monopolize on my fishing career and finally have a place to wash my dishes so my lot didn't look like homeless slobs lived there! Life was looking good...I even had a new best friend named Anchie the Anchovy to keep me company in his bowl.

But as I brought a Tragic Clown Fish to the local production of 'Hook, Line and My Life's a Stinker' I noticed one thing. I sat in the seats and watched the people sing and dance and as the lead actors and singers would sing their tragic love songs...I never felt more alone.

Tune in Next time to see, will she ever find true love?!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Natsuko

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2011, 03:16:12 PM »
Wow great start! I can't wait to see more! :)

Offline simsissy

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2011, 05:12:27 PM »
Chapter 3 - Til' Now (Quote from the song Alone)

Late at night...I found myself scrounging around in the scrap yard for things I could bring home and use. I couldn't help but think it would be less gross and possibly more entertaining if I had company. But as I sorted through pipes and icky things, the most I found was an old chair.

The next day I found myself at the house warming party of a friend named 'Neal' even though he really didn't know me. So technically I crashed the party, but nobody noticed! He looked like a woman, but he really loved the delivery of fish I had sent his family or something so many of his party guests were popular but they didn't look down on me. This is also...where I met my soul mate. Moe.

The party ran late, but I invited him to the beach the next day to meet with him after my fishing run. He kept talking about science and things I really didn't understand but I tried to pretend like I was fascinated...honestly.

From his science babble to his insane to the nice dinner we shared at the restaurant in the old beat up wrecked looking ship...I told him that I felt he was like a rare gem. He was obviously flattered.

We played baseball on the beach, all night, until it grew late and I had to go home but...we had made a connection. When he told me he had to go...I told him that our 'date' had been a homerun trying to be witty and as I held the baseball, I was angry at myself. That was so lame...but he smiled, and told me anytime I wanted to hang out again, to let him know.

The next few days he was the only thing on my mind. Moe...Moe...Moe, I wanted to see more of Moe. So I decided to work on becoming a better educated and refined lady so I'd be worthy of his giant brain. I might've let the food in the fridge rot in my goal...but it was the paint brush's fault.

I learned to cook more, investing in a stove and a counter so I could prepare him food. I suppose I had really fallen for the man, I let my fishing fall by the wayside for a bit.

I spent more of my evenings at the library, reading about gardening and other household things knowing I'll have to take responsibility for completing the Holy Tasks (All Immortals have to do this)to eventually become Immortal. But it also meant when I got home at night...

...I'd been to tired to even notice horrible crimes. Goldie and Anchie were cruely abducted by a masked criminal when I was asleep and when I called the police! They told me they were so sorry, but it seemed like the robber got away.

The house felt...more full now. I had a little kitchen, a tiny livingroom/dining room...I got replacements for Archie and Goldie. They were so young...so perfect, but I accepted my fate in life. My house was finally perfect for starting my family. Now. I had to find the man. I secretly hoped it would be Moe.

Tune in Next Time to see...Will it be Moe?

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2011, 05:19:03 PM »
Awww, poor Archie and Goldie! Red seems to be doing very well getting her Dynasty off to a good start.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Ske1337on

ROYGBIV!
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2011, 11:11:53 PM »
I like how this story is progressing so far, I can't wait to read more about roygbiv! I'm excited to see all the different colours as you start on the different generations! :D

I'm sorry to hear about your little fish.

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2011, 02:52:19 AM »
Oh I'm sorry about your fishies too! *shakes fist at robber*

One of my failed dynasty attempts, a robber came and stole my bicycle on the first night LOL

Redeesha is very pretty, red is one of my favorite colors, and I think you used it excelently for her :)

Good luck!
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Offline simsissy

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2011, 10:12:40 PM »
*Thank you all for your feedback! I'm...a little stuck at the moment due to some game errors I've had to deal with but I am getting over them best I can and hoping to plow through, I have to remember to not take as many pictures because yes, story telling is fun! But I have 8 generations to get through there.

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Enjoy life and The Sims!
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2011, 01:19:47 AM »

It was so sad to hear about the fish being stolen.  I hope that robber takes good care of them :D.

Your story is really coming along, just remember to save, save, save.  If you are having gaming problems I would hate for you to lose what you have so far delightedly created.  I am really enjoying your storytelling - and the pictures too!

Read the Forum Rules, they were written for a reason!  
Visit the Sims 3 Swap Shop.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2011, 06:55:16 AM »
Amazing story, I have to say. And sorry for the fishies! :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa